Transferring old movies to dvd

Hello, I have an iMac 10.5.8, home movies on Hi8, and a working Digital 8 by Sony that will playback the Hi8 tapes. What cord do I need to use my iMovie 7.1.4 to burn these old home movies to dvd? Really rather not convert to Snow Leopard then Snow Lion if I don't have to.
2 answers Last reply
More about transferring movies
  1. Are you asking what cable you need to connect the camcorder to the iMac? If yes, does the camcorder have a Firewire port (i.LINK is what Sony calls it)?
    If it has a Firewire port then the easiest solution is to use a Firewire cable. If it doesn't then you will need some type of converter to connect the camcorder to the iMac.
  2. Firewire. Sony sometimes calls this port Dv in/out or iLink. You may need a 4 to 6 pin Firewire cable.
Ask a new question

Read More

Movies DVD Mac OS X