Hello,

I currently have the following setup:

Thermaltake VA8000BWS Case
Thermaltake ToughPower 750W
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Core 2 Duo E6600
OCZ OCZ2G8001GK
MSI Geforce 8800 GTS

I've recently built this thing, and for some reason I'm coming across the following problems:
- tool-free clips are no good, cannot hold the video card or the included sound card securely
- the ATX rear plate is 0.5 cm too short of the mounting holes for the actual video/sound card; forcing a mount will end up causing a short (e.g., cards at an angle)
- system likes to freeze up or not POST at all (tried updating BIOS for this too). It'll even freeze in BIOS.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Thermaltake VA8000BWS Case
Thermaltake ToughPower 750W
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Core 2 Duo E6600
OCZ OCZ2G8001GK
MSI Geforce 8800 GTS

I've recently built this thing, and for some reason I'm coming across the following problems:
- tool-free clips are no good, cannot hold the video card or the included sound card securely
- the ATX rear plate is 0.5 cm too short of the mounting holes for the actual video/sound card; forcing a mount will end up causing a short (e.g., cards at an angle)
- system likes to freeze up or not POST at all (tried updating BIOS for this too). It'll even freeze in BIOS.
Ok, i have a similar case and the first thing i did was remove the 3 screws that secure the tool free clip to the back of the case and throw it in the trash, Tt uses a non-standard desin for securing the inside edge of a PCI card...
The second problem you and i had/are having is the back plate is not squared with the motherboard mounting plate so when the PCI card is fully seated the back plate is .5Cm away from the end of the plate making securement seemingly impossible....
I have the cure, use a drill and corresponding bit to remove the 3 rivets that secure the outside edge and top edge of the back plate that the PCI slots are cut into and slowly pry the plate inwards until it is square with the motherboard, then get crafty and place a proper sized spacer in the gap and run a machine screw thru and tighten with a nut....
Now you will be able to use a machine screw to properly secure the PCI card the back plate.
The freezing/posting problem you have is so technically difficult to diagnose w/o sitting in front of the PC, so use this link and then click the Boot Failure Troubleshooting Poster link on the page...
http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm