LCD monitor????? Viewsonic VX2245wm or what?

silvio

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
Hey everyone, i am interested in buy a new lcd monitor. what do you folks recommend? I like the viewsonic vx2245wm.
be for gaming, and surfing

silvio
silvio@rogers.com

samiii

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
i was interested in vx2235....its the same except for the ipod dock thing.....u will rarely find any reviews and ppl talking abt viewsonic lcds.....i searched for vx2235 owners and asked them....they did recommend me this lcd for gaming and movies.....

purdueguy

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
I have the VX2235WM. It's awesome. It doesn't have any USB ports or other excessories but I wasn't looking at it for those things.

It has a 5ms response time, not the fastest but for me good enough.

I just wish I had a better video card other than my 6600GT.

I've been playing NWN2 on it and I highly recommend this monitor.

LyubinVadim

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
u must hav bot is for around $350......im getting it for $500 here in karachi :?
Yes, it's sad... I also want to buy monitor. I think it will be ViewSonic LCD monitor. I want large size LCD panel for both purposes - to see movies and to work at the computer.
Prices for LCDs have fallen so it seems to me it's time to buy. I work with graphics but today it’s not problem to buy calibrator and work with graphics on LCD. Although, who knows… In fact, I'm a little bit confused because I heard about new invention - Laser displays based on the new technology. I mean that probably LCDs will be even cheaper than they are today for example on costupdate store on eBay.

telim

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Skip the bullshit and go right to the 1080p displays.

The 24" Dell 2407FPW is my pic. The BenQ and Acer have no frills, but the dell, which is the cheapest, has SVIDEO/Composite/Component video in, a USB hub and a 5-in1 card reader. As well as great stats:

6ms response time
1920x1200 native resolution

I'm using one right now and I freaking love it. Once you go 1080p you can't go back.

They are twice the money, but in my mind about 3-4 times the monitor.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Samsung 225BW... 22" widescreen. No need for a 24" monitor as of yet, since their prices can be nearly twice as much of a 22"... which is definitly not worth it. However, LCD prices are still going down in prices so you might be able to snab up a nice deal.

If you really want 24", the Dell or the Samsung would be nice. Dell uses the Samsung panel so it doesn't really matter that much... I just like Samsung better in most cases.