ASUS Striker and 8800GTX problem

seanwcouch

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
Well tell me if you can figure this out!

I put my 8800GTX in pci-x slot one, powers up but no screen. If I put it in PCI-x slot 2 I get boot screen but POST says that it is in the secondary slot and needs to be in the primary slot. When I put it in pci-x slot 3, same issue as when in slot 1. Now to make it even weirder when I have the 8800 in slot 2 and a 6600 LE in slot one it says that I have a card in the 2 and 3 slot and slot 3 card needs to be moved to the primary pci-x slot. When I remove the 8800gtx and have the 6200le by itself in slot one everything is hunkey dorey and boots to windows fine. I had bios revision 0402 and call tech support and they had me load bios 0302 and still no go

Here is my system specs:
E6600
striker extreme
2gb corsair dominator pc6400
OCZ Gamexstreem 700w psu
Audigy x-fi Fatal1ty

Now I have taken all of these cards out and still have the samy issue and have tried with a single bank of cheap ddr2 memory to boot (no pun intended)

Thanks

Sean
Network Engineer
MCSE:Security, MCSA:Security, CCNA, Network+, Security+, A+

MICHSTUFF

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
yes 8800 gtx has probs with mainboard.Asus has orderd the re sellers to ship the mainboards back=seems to be an bigg problem.
so i suggest you send the board back to stock and w8 for an new good one.
kind regard michael van acker

International Computer Contractors B.V.
Kattegat 8a
3446 CL Woerden
The Netherlands

Field Engeneer

U238

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem but at least wanted to point out that I have a Striker Extreme and EVGA 8800 GTX and have had no issues.

Good luck.

seanwcouch

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
READ!!! Fixed it, woo hoo.

Ended up being when i reset my bios got a screen but when i enable my raid array it went blank again. So I reset the bios re-enabled my Nvidia raid array and had to disable pegboost and got it working. Shows what asus tech support knows, they wanted to RMA my board.

G

Cool to know, and not to be picky but PCI-X is a for server, PCIe is the actual name.

Ok I am being picky 8).