Webcam software recommendation

Currently using ConquerCam but now looking for something that can do
'live' streaming. Also needs to be able to monitor movement in frame
and FTP images to web site and be able to store movement in avi files.
ConquerCam can do everything I need except the 'live' streaming part.

Currently experimenting with a trial version of WebcamXP.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Rich M.
3 answers Last reply
More about webcam software recommendation

    "Rich M." <junk956@att.net> wrote in message
    > Currently using ConquerCam but now looking for something that can do
    > 'live' streaming. Also needs to be able to monitor movement in frame
    > and FTP images to web site and be able to store movement in avi files.
    > ConquerCam can do everything I need except the 'live' streaming part.
    >
    > Currently experimenting with a trial version of WebcamXP.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    >
    > Rich M.

    You might have a look at the free, unlimited HomeSentinel
    at http://bobday.vze.com

    -- Bob Day

    "Rich M." <junk956@att.net> wrote in message
    > Currently using ConquerCam but now looking for something that can do
    > 'live' streaming. Also needs to be able to monitor movement in frame
    > and FTP images to web site and be able to store movement in avi files.
    > ConquerCam can do everything I need except the 'live' streaming part.
    >
    > Currently experimenting with a trial version of WebcamXP.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    >
    > Rich M.

    Not sure about the FTP images, but you can use the free Windows Media
    Encoder from Microsoft to do the live streaming and storing avi's

    More info about the Windows Media Encoder:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

    A small howto: http://webcam.kijk.info/how/how.pdf (it's a PDF file)

    A small demo: http://webcam.kijk.info (the cam is not always online)

    Noël

    --
    http://webcam.kijk.info
    http://www.resize2mail.com

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:37:49 +0100, "Noël®" <n03l@h-o-t-m-a-i-l.com>
    wrote:

    >Not sure about the FTP images, but you can use the free Windows Media
    >Encoder from Microsoft to do the live streaming and storing avi's

    Thanks. Been experimenting with that because Bob Day's program 'Home
    Sentinel' uses it. Might just do the trick.

    Rich M.

Webcams Streaming Software Peripherals