Laptop drops connection to modem after hibernating.

deuxbiers

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
Hi, I'm running a Linksys ADSL2 modem connected to a Linksys WRT54g wireless router through which I connect two Toshiba laptops by wifi.

All is fine with the older Satellite model but the newer Tecra model keeps dropping the connection to the modem after it has been in sleep mode or hibernation.

It can see the router no problem when I connect to its IP. But it can not connect to the modem and hence the internet.

If I reboot the laptop all is fine again.

Toshiba have a neat facility called 'connectivity doctor' to diagnose these problems. Unfortunately all it tells me is there is a problem with the DNS server and doesn't offer any advice on what to do next.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Check the advanced properties of the wireless port. There are some advanced settings that contol shuting it down and wakeup. May have to compare to the one working.

deuxbiers

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
Hmmm, no joy there. I checked the advanced settings but found no options for controlling Wake On Lan or anything else related to connection uptime. However there are some other options which I can have a play with. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS