Sakaris

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I have an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe with a newcastle core athlon 64 3000+ and 1 gig of pc3200 ram that I recently upgraded to 1.5 gigs of pc3200 ram. At first this was a simple experiment to see if my friends 512 mb stick was still working from his presumed dead computer (I haven't had the opportunity to see the rest of his computer yet, though his comp is not the issue at the moment). I have heard before that there are issues with this board and using more than a gig of ram. My question is, what potential problems might I face and has anyone had any issues using more than a gig of ram on this board? So far it seems to be working fine.

Thanks.

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I am using the same mobo, CPU and RAM as you (1Gb).

No problems for nearly 2 years. You don@t really need 1.5 Gb Ram, save your money for when you upgrade everything! :D

Sakaris

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Oh I agree I don't need 1.5 gigs of ram on this system and I don't plan on spending money upgrading this system before I actually go all out and build a new one (with the possible exception of an audigy or x-fi), its just that the extra 512 mb stick wasn't being used and I figured I may as well put it to work :p . I just had heard a few things over the years since I bought the board and wanted to see whats up concerning this board and more ram. If it comes down to it I may just throw it in a bag and give a friend with half a gig of ram a little christmas present. By the way, nice signature man.