"internet explorer should check to see whether it is the d..

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Browsers
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
January 11, 2005 12:15:06 PM

Hello,

I'm unable to get the checkbox in Internet Options, "internet explorer
should check to see whether it is the default browser" to save. When I
uncheck the box, apply it, and close Internet explorer, when I re-open it,
it's back!

My goal is to use a third-party browser generally, but to open Internet
Explorer when I would like to, without facing the question of whether I would
like to make IE my default browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

More about : internet explorer check

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:08:11 PM

JD wrote:
> I'm unable to get the checkbox in Internet Options, "internet explorer
> should check to see whether it is the default browser" to save. When
> I uncheck the box, apply it, and close Internet explorer, when I
> re-open it, it's back!

If you try to go through Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs, and
look at the check box at the bottom of the window, is it checked? If it is,
does it help unchecking it and clicking "OK"?
January 11, 2005 10:08:12 PM

Thanks for your suggestion, André.

Unfortunately, XP refuses to save the change. If I uncheck the box, in
either Explorer, or in the "Internet Properties" control panel, the next time
I open either one, the check is back, and of course Explorer continues to
query...

Thanks again,

JD

!