"internet explorer should check to see whether it is the d..

Hello,

I'm unable to get the checkbox in Internet Options, "internet explorer
should check to see whether it is the default browser" to save. When I
uncheck the box, apply it, and close Internet explorer, when I re-open it,
it's back!

My goal is to use a third-party browser generally, but to open Internet
Explorer when I would like to, without facing the question of whether I would
like to make IE my default browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer check

    JD wrote:
    > I'm unable to get the checkbox in Internet Options, "internet explorer
    > should check to see whether it is the default browser" to save. When
    > I uncheck the box, apply it, and close Internet explorer, when I
    > re-open it, it's back!

    If you try to go through Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs, and
    look at the check box at the bottom of the window, is it checked? If it is,
    does it help unchecking it and clicking "OK"?

    Thanks for your suggestion, André.

    Unfortunately, XP refuses to save the change. If I uncheck the box, in
    either Explorer, or in the "Internet Properties" control panel, the next time
    I open either one, the check is back, and of course Explorer continues to
    query...

    Thanks again,

    JD

    "André Gulliksen" wrote:

    > JD wrote:
    > > I'm unable to get the checkbox in Internet Options, "internet explorer
    > > should check to see whether it is the default browser" to save. When
    > > I uncheck the box, apply it, and close Internet explorer, when I
    > > re-open it, it's back!
    >
    > If you try to go through Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs, and
    > look at the check box at the bottom of the window, is it checked? If it is,
    > does it help unchecking it and clicking "OK"?

Default Internet Explorer Browsers Internet Windows XP