Sign in with
Your question

will my intel core 2 be running ok?

Last response: in CPUs
December 13, 2006 11:47:01 PM

have got a new, intel core 2 cpu, motherboard and new ram but at the moment am unable to download windows updates. this means i can't get the motherboard audio to work, because sp1 is needed. But will my new cpu run properly without any updates, does multithreading ( or whatever it is called) work on just win xp without updates? am not sure because surely xp was designed without dual cores in mind? am pretty clueless when it comes to this so if it doesn't matter just say? any1

More about : intel core running

December 14, 2006 12:07:56 AM

You might encounter problems, but it should work. But why can't you update? No internet connection? Illegal Windows copy? :twisted:
December 14, 2006 12:47:29 AM

copy of xp. am seriously considering buying a gen copy when money allows.
Related resources
December 14, 2006 9:41:40 AM

Wait.. I have no idea about this either.. does windows xp have some sort of a dual core patch for itself?.. because one of our dual core laptops doesn't get updated that often.. is that too much of a problem or is it just fine?
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 14, 2006 10:11:26 AM

Computers that are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and that are equipped with multiple processors that support processor power management features may experience decreased performance

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256/en-us

Install this only if you are experiencing problems.
Backup the system before you install this patch.
!