Tuniq Tower with Armor?

mgrman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Hi all, first post here. I'm going to be building my first computer in the next couple months, so I'm doing a bunch of research now. Does anyone have any experience with the Tuniq Tower 120 CPU cooler and a Thermaltake Armor case with the side fan? I know it will fit in the normal case, but it looks like the optional side fan goes about 1/2" to 1" into the case and I don't know if it will interfere. Thanks for the help.

ZozZoz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Don't you worry, Armor is more than wide enough. The tower would fit into my modest thermaltake Swing (and that's just a narrow mid-tower) no problem.

pshrk

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I don't have either case. I have heard nothing but great things about the Armor case and the side fan. I am planning on getting one in the next few months.

However, I am worried about the side fan breaking and me not being able to replace it so... I am planning on buying the regular case (without the side fan) and an extra side panel with the fan. That way if the side fan breaks in the future and I can't find a replacement I can always stick on the side panel without a fan. Even if the side fan never breaks this is still a more flexable option. Maybe you should think about doing the same thing. The side panel with the fan is only like 20 dollars or something from newegg (too lazy to look it up :wink: ).

mgrman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
zz- thanks, very good to know.

pshrk- not a bad idea, seeing that I priced out a couple 250mm fans and they were around $20 anyways, so your way would get you an extra panel also.

thanks all.
mgrman