Port Forwarding for Second PC

rathma155

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Okay, I have 2 PC's connected to the same router.

I set up my ports for my first PC thats connected to my router. I go into ipconfig, get the default gateway, enter it into my browser and I get my router settings.

However, when i get the default gateway for my SECOND pc its the same address. So i type it in, and all the settings for the other PC are there, but they won't work for this PC.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? I thought each PC needs a different address?

(FYI: I have an SMC router, if that makes a difference)

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
What are you trying to acomplish? connect to the internet.

I've used SMC in the past and have not had any problem. One thing that need to be done with SMC is that the router must be restarted for most changes to take.

Setup is modem to smc to pc1, pc2 .....

Your lan setting should be set to DHCP, as long as your PC's cards.

Then get status properties of you nic ports to check the settings, ip (192.168.0.X), DNS, Gagteway.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
What are you trying to acomplish? connect to the internet.

I've used SMC in the past and have not had any problem. One thing that need to be done with SMC is that the router must be restarted for most changes to take.

Setup is modem to smc to pc1, pc2 .....

Your lan setting should be set to DHCP, as long as your PC's cards.

Then get status properties of you nic ports to check the settings, ip (192.168.0.X), DNS, Gagteway.

rathma155

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
I'm just trying to forward my ports but the problem is i can't get to the setup for this PC if the adress is the same as my other PC.

sturm

Splendid
Both computers will have the same gateway but different ip addresses.
If your forwarding ports then thats a different story. You can only forward ports to one computer, not two.

rathma155

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Both computers will have the same gateway but different ip addresses.
If your forwarding ports then thats a different story. You can only forward ports to one computer, not two.

My ports cant be forwarded for both PC's? What if i dont forward the ports on the other PC and do it for this one?

sturm

Splendid
You can do that. Just change the ip address to the computer you want the port forwarded to.
If your going to be forwarding ports its best to set the pc with a static ip address. That way you dont have to worry about the computer changing ip address which will knock out the port forwarding.