Logitech webcam 2 questions

Hi everyone,
if someone can help me i have 2 question about a logitech webcam on
Windows XP sp 2
1 is possible to use 1 webcam ( USB ) at the same time on
different
program? for example yahoo and msn
even with a software if is the only possibility
2 is even possible to let someone see and use my webcam from
another computer connected on my home LAN?

thanks in advance for all people who can help me!

"Luca" <hakon_elf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> if someone can help me i have 2 question about a logitech webcam on
> Windows XP sp 2
> 1 is possible to use 1 webcam ( USB ) at the same time on
> different
> program? for example yahoo and msn
> even with a software if is the only possibility
> 2 is even possible to let someone see and use my webcam from
> another computer connected on my home LAN?
>
> thanks in advance for all people who can help me!

1. see recent posts concerning cam splitters.
http://very-soft.com WebCamSplitter
http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver

2. Maybe you could use TimerShot (a free MS powerToy) and load the snapshots
to a shared directory?

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 15:00:53 +0100, Luca <hakon_elf@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>if someone can help me i have 2 question about a logitech webcam on
>Windows XP sp 2
> 1 is possible to use 1 webcam ( USB ) at the same time on
>different
> program? for example yahoo and msn
> even with a software if is the only possibility
> 2 is even possible to let someone see and use my webcam from
> another computer connected on my home LAN?
>
>thanks in advance for all people who can help me!

You probably need to use something like the below free webcam
splitter application.

http://www.splitcamera.com/index.html

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 10:25:39 -0500, "johnQdoe" <JohnQdoe@outthere.com>
wrote:

>"Luca" <hakon_elf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>> if someone can help me i have 2 question about a logitech webcam on
>> Windows XP sp 2
>> 1 is possible to use 1 webcam ( USB ) at the same time on
>> different
>> program? for example yahoo and msn
>> even with a software if is the only possibility
>> 2 is even possible to let someone see and use my webcam from
>> another computer connected on my home LAN?
>>
>> thanks in advance for all people who can help me!
>
>1. see recent posts concerning cam splitters.
> http://very-soft.com WebCamSplitter
> http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver
>
>2. Maybe you could use TimerShot (a free MS powerToy) and load the snapshots
> to a shared directory?

the web cam splitter is perfect thanks!
for the point 2 is possible as u said but if i wanna have in real
time?

In article <znZCd.4080$GG1.1022@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
sky@wards.com says...
> I use it, no adware or anything, wonderful little free program and I would
> of paid for it..... works much better compared to softcam.....which _I_ paid
> for (
>
> Can you post proof ?

Why don't you turn your firewall off (I guess you don't have one which
shows/blocks outgoing connections, otherwise it would have been notified
you) and see the traffic moving.
Of course under the umbrella of looking for updates which you can't even
turn off in between the program.
This piece lives of adware.

Gerhard Beulke wrote:

> In article <znZCd.4080$GG1.1022@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> sky@wards.com says...
>> I use it, no adware or anything, wonderful little free program and I
>> would of paid for it..... works much better compared to softcam.....which
>> _I_ paid for (
>>
>> Can you post proof ?
>
> Why don't you turn your firewall off (I guess you don't have one which
> shows/blocks outgoing connections, otherwise it would have been notified
> you) and see the traffic moving.
> Of course under the umbrella of looking for updates which you can't even
> turn off in between the program.
> This piece lives of adware.

"Adware" is software that shows advertising. Whatever else it may be if it
does not show advertisements on the screen then it is not "adware". It
might be spyware or simply sloppy programming, but if it doesn't show you
ads then it's not "adware".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

In article <crrpmr01qle@news2.newsguy.com>, jclarke@nospam.invalid
says...
> Gerhard Beulke wrote:
>
> > In article <znZCd.4080$GG1.1022@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> > sky@wards.com says...
> >> I use it, no adware or anything, wonderful little free program and I
> >> would of paid for it..... works much better compared to softcam.....which
> >> _I_ paid for (
> >>
> >> Can you post proof ?
> >
> > Why don't you turn your firewall off (I guess you don't have one which
> > shows/blocks outgoing connections, otherwise it would have been notified
> > you) and see the traffic moving.
> > Of course under the umbrella of looking for updates which you can't even
> > turn off in between the program.
> > This piece lives of adware.
>
> "Adware" is software that shows advertising. Whatever else it may be if it
> does not show advertisements on the screen then it is not "adware". It
> might be spyware or simply sloppy programming, but if it doesn't show you
> ads then it's not "adware".

Ok, then it is spyware.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:41:44 +1000, Gerhard Beulke
>> "Adware" is software that shows advertising. Whatever else it may be if it
>> does not show advertisements on the screen then it is not "adware". It
>> might be spyware or simply sloppy programming, but if it doesn't show you
>> ads then it's not "adware".
>
>Ok, then it is spyware.

but if it is a spyware why all my programm to check skip it ?