Hard Drive Partition

Kremmily

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Hello everybody! I just got a WD Caviar 250 GB SATA 3Gb HD. I partitioned using the Windows XP initial setup partition configuration creating 2 partitions: 1. 50GB for the windows, 2.100GB and the remaining was an unpartitioned part (100GB). Now, when i finish installing everything i check the partitions and i can't see the unpartitioned drive. I just see the c: (50gb) and the e:(100). Why is that? Did i do something wrong? Plase help!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You didn't exactly do anything wrong, you just didn't finish the job. Windows cannot see any part of a drive that has not been partitioned! So you created two partitions and Windows sees them fine. Now you need to go back and create the third parition to consume all the remaining physical space on the HDD (assuming you want it that size). THEN you can use Windows to format the third drive and away you go.

Kremmily

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I understand Papaerdoc. Now, how do i do that? Do i insert the windows CD again, reboot from it and.....? Do you think what i did partition it in 3 is ok? 50, 100, 100GB? How do i do that buddy?...

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I understand Papaerdoc. Now, how do i do that? Do i insert the windows CD again, reboot from it and.....? Do you think what i did partition it in 3 is ok? 50, 100, 100GB? How do i do that buddy?...

Right click "My Computer" select "Manage", then select Disk Management