Sign in with
Your question

What happened to Dr. Thomas Pabst??

Last response: in Site Feedback
April 27, 2011 11:32:04 PM

Hello,
I wonder what the founder of Tom's Hardware is doing nowadays. I didn't find anything on the net.

More about : happened thomas pabst

May 13, 2011 1:53:08 PM

He does his own thing now, and Tom's Hardware site continues on in the same spirit as when he started it. :) 
Related resources
February 5, 2012 6:42:14 AM

Not the first time I've seen that article posted. In typical blog style it's pretty heavy on the drama and light on the facts though. It's also a good 3+ years out of date.
February 5, 2012 6:57:47 AM

randomizer said:
Not the first time I've seen that article posted. In typical blog style it's pretty heavy on the drama and light on the facts though. It's also a good 3+ years out of date.

But wasn't the link to it, having been posted by a new member who just happened to find this thread and contribute, just a little strange.

Maybe Dr. Pabst has become a MAC user in later life and just wants us to know he's OK. :D 

February 5, 2012 6:59:06 AM

And even stranger when the link to his Member Website comes straight back to Tom's Hardware.

February 5, 2012 7:16:18 AM

Stranger things have happened in these parts.
February 7, 2012 7:44:30 AM

randomizer a mod ? since when? damn I've been out of the loop
February 7, 2012 8:14:49 AM

neiroatopelcc said:

Where I come from, we have a saying "all the best poachers make the finest gamekeepers". :D 

February 7, 2012 9:25:56 AM

@neiroatopelcc

Even randomizer is at least 1 generation ahead of me in terms of moderator. You must be here a long time ago.
February 8, 2012 9:13:04 AM

neiroatopelcc said:

Since early 2009. Where have you been all these years? :D 
January 31, 2013 2:12:09 AM

Here is the most recent picture I could find of him from 2009 attending some sort of watch appreciation day (Paneristi P-Day),

Caption: "Marion, Thomas and Victoria Pabst, together with Hagen Warich from Germany."

P-DAY#8 in Firenze, part 3 "Friday in Firenze"
!