Computer Problems!

C2ASH

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Hello,

I recently posted a topic about building a gaming computer and so I decided to get everything that I intened to and now I am stuck! I got all my Hardware installed...everything is plugged in, but here's the problem...On my first boot all I got was a "BAD CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR" with the option of selecting from "F1 -CMOS settings" and I cant remember what the other one is. So anyways I decided to set the time/date and have everything set on "Fail proof settings" on the menu I'll save it and exit...naturally my computer will restart and start reading my components. First one that shows is "Intel something" shows the date and what not...then the second one it reads is my XFX GeForce 7950gt graphics card and it will slow down for a second and then it will show me "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure Check The Cable" and then it will try checking them again and eventually it will say that I need to load up proper boot something and to press any key to continue. I'm tired and I am stuck. This is my first build on my own since years back.... HELP! :cry: