E6600 Week 27B || Good overclocker??? Need advice!

Hello. I just today received my E6600. From the looks of it, it is a 27B. Is there anyone who has used a 27B that can tell me if it is a good overclocker and if it requires low voltages? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I don't yet have the mobo I want! It is out of stock. Ugh. But anyway any information from people with a week 27B, please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about e6600 week good overclocker advice
  1. That wasnt such a good batch, its not as a bad as a 26A... but you wont be breaking any WRs with it.
    You should simply do a lot of reaching on your motherboard and feed it as much vcore as it needs.
  2. Quote:
    Hello. I just today received my E6600. From the looks of it, it is a 27B. Is there anyone who has used a 27B that can tell me if it is a good overclocker and if it requires low voltages? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    Also, I don't yet have the mobo I want! It is out of stock. Ugh. But anyway any information from people with a week 27B, please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks


    they all variate, its hard to say cause your rig will be diffrent etc
  3. So, is there some sort of listing of which weeks are good and which are bad?

    L628A886 here. Googling isn't helping me much as I cant read whatever strange language This is in :P
  4. Quote:
    That wasnt such a good batch, its not as a bad as a 26A... but you wont be breaking any WRs with it.
    You should simply do a lot of reaching on your motherboard and feed it as much vcore as it needs.


    Well, I was told that if the VID is at like 1.235 or something, it would be a good overclocker. Fortunately, my mobo should be here tomorrow or Tuesday so I can find all this stuff out. I was hoping to get 3.6 out of it (to be 1:1 with my memory) without volting it too high. Here's to hoping. I just find it weird that different weeks could be manufactuered so differently. I mean the A and B part makes sense because the chips are tested and then give a letter like that to designate something. But, the whole week numbering things seems more like a luck of the draw thing than anything. I mean if you read reviews on like Newegg, people going back months and months have great overclocks with somehwat early chips. That is why I am hoping that the actual number of the week doesn't mean as much as everyone thinks it does. Again, here's to hoping! Thanks for the replies and keep 'em coming (especially if you have a Week 27B!) :D
  5. Quote:
    So, is there some sort of listing of which weeks are good and which are bad?
    Nobody has compiled a list if thats what you mean. My information comes from observing individual chips potential and my answers are somewhat vague to this as I dont follow them closely because its worthless to me.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking