E6600 Week 27B || Good overclocker??? Need advice!

JCBananas2

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Hello. I just today received my E6600. From the looks of it, it is a 27B. Is there anyone who has used a 27B that can tell me if it is a good overclocker and if it requires low voltages? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I don't yet have the mobo I want! It is out of stock. Ugh. But anyway any information from people with a week 27B, please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
That wasnt such a good batch, its not as a bad as a 26A... but you wont be breaking any WRs with it.
You should simply do a lot of reaching on your motherboard and feed it as much vcore as it needs.

Hello. I just today received my E6600. From the looks of it, it is a 27B. Is there anyone who has used a 27B that can tell me if it is a good overclocker and if it requires low voltages? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I don't yet have the mobo I want! It is out of stock. Ugh. But anyway any information from people with a week 27B, please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks

they all variate, its hard to say cause your rig will be diffrent etc

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
So, is there some sort of listing of which weeks are good and which are bad?

L628A886 here. Googling isn't helping me much as I cant read whatever strange language This is in :p

JCBananas2

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
That wasnt such a good batch, its not as a bad as a 26A... but you wont be breaking any WRs with it.
You should simply do a lot of reaching on your motherboard and feed it as much vcore as it needs.

Well, I was told that if the VID is at like 1.235 or something, it would be a good overclocker. Fortunately, my mobo should be here tomorrow or Tuesday so I can find all this stuff out. I was hoping to get 3.6 out of it (to be 1:1 with my memory) without volting it too high. Here's to hoping. I just find it weird that different weeks could be manufactuered so differently. I mean the A and B part makes sense because the chips are tested and then give a letter like that to designate something. But, the whole week numbering things seems more like a luck of the draw thing than anything. I mean if you read reviews on like Newegg, people going back months and months have great overclocks with somehwat early chips. That is why I am hoping that the actual number of the week doesn't mean as much as everyone thinks it does. Again, here's to hoping! Thanks for the replies and keep 'em coming (especially if you have a Week 27B!) :D

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
So, is there some sort of listing of which weeks are good and which are bad?
Nobody has compiled a list if thats what you mean. My information comes from observing individual chips potential and my answers are somewhat vague to this as I dont follow them closely because its worthless to me.