Graphic Card

Im looking for a new graphics card for my computer but dont know which one i should buy. I have a pent 4, 504 mb ram, 140 gb hard drive,128 mb factory graphics card, and its 3 gh. I bought Scarface and i cant play it cause i need a better graphics card. Will someone help me and give me advice.
23 answers Last reply
More about graphic card
  1. Do you have a pci-e slot on the motherboard? Or only agp?
  2. I think its a agv but i have no clue
  3. What kind of comp is it?

You're gonna have to open her up and describe the slot the graphics card is in... 8O
  4. i have no clue how to do that
  5. Graphics Info:
    Screen Resolution: 1024x768
    Color Code: 32 Bits Per Pixel
    Color Palette Supports: (32 bit)True Colors
    Display Control Interface (DCI): YES
    Display Adapter: VGA version 16416

Driver Name: DDRAW.DLL
    Driver Name: DDHELP.EXE
  6. Start>Programs>Accesories>System Tools>System Information ... open Components tab (+), click on Display ... look in the right box of information and PNP Device ID should tell you
  7. It says PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582&SUBSYS_2A08103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10
  8. I'm almost gonna say it's PCI-E but grab this small 400k program called CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-138.zip extract it into it's own folder, run cpu-z.exe and click on the tab at the top of the program named "mainboard". Look to the bottom under "graphic interface" > "version" and write back.
  9. Right click "MY COMPUTER",select properties,then hardware,then device manager.Once that window opens,click on display adapter.This should tell you what kind of video card you have.Write down the info and get back to me.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
    EVGA NF4 SLI MB
    2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
    2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
    WD300GIG HD
    EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
    ACE 520WATT PSU
    COOLERMASTER MINI R120
  10. It is blank
  11. Dang man. Do you know the videocard that you are using right now has ever been replaced from when you origionaly aquired the PC?
  12. It says INTEL (R) 82915G/GV/910GL EXPRESS CHIPSET FAMILY
  13. It hasnt . I bought it new a year ago
  14. I'm pretty sure it's PCI-E. Trying to verify that for you. You realize the case is comming off if you purchase a card? :wink:
  15. I was thinking of paying someone to do it (lol) unless its pretty easy.
    I dont know a lot about computers. Im also going to buy more memory ram cause I have 525 mb and it says I have 2 extra empty ports.
  16. Some cases can be tricky to get back on. I'm a little short in the patients though :evil: More ram is always a good thing. Puts less stress on your hard drive.
    Is it an E-Machine Dizzy? Can't find the cold hard specs but I did find 2 message boards with your same configuration claiming PCI-E on the motherboard.
  17. It is a hp pavillion a1113w desktop pc
  18. http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/915GV/index.htm
    Intel say it has PCI-E.
    http://www.lcd-projector-tvs.com/product-HP-Pavilion-A1113w-b-Desktop-w-15-LCD-Display,-2.93-GHz-Intel-Pentium-4-sku-0088278005517.html
    Yet specs on the Pavillon are saying that it is without. Looks like your system offers 2 PCI slots to upgrade on. I'm afraid HP has given no interest in graphical support on that system. Your gonna be better of with a new motherboard :?
  19. nVidia makes a PCI 6200LE with turbo cache but your not gonna see a huge difference. 44 bucks.
    Decent power is overpriced; ATI x1300 256mb at 129 bucks. This cards PCI-E model goes for under 100 bucks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814129063
  20. This is my conversation with a HP rep

Serena V: Welcome to HP Total Care for Pavilion Desktops. My name is Serena V. How may I assist you today?
    Serena V: Hi Jon.
    jon deaton: hi
    Serena V: How are you doing today?
    jon deaton: fine
    Serena V: Great, how may I assist you?
    jon deaton: i want to upgrade my graphic card and i dont know what to get
    Serena V: I will provide you the information.
    jon deaton: do i have a pci e or what?
    Serena V: Please confirm the model number of your PC: HP Pavilion a1113w Desktop PC
    jon deaton: yes
    Serena V: Thank you for confirmation Jon.
    Serena V: May I put you on hold for 3 minutes while I review your computer specifications?
    jon deaton: yes
    Serena V: Thank you for staying online.
    jon deaton: yw
    Serena V: As per the computer specifications, PC is shipped with the onboard video and the chipset is Intel 915GV.
    Serena V: PC has total 3 PCI slots out of which 2 PCI slots are available for expansion.
    jon deaton: what does that mean?
    jon deaton: i can buy 2 graphic cards?
    Serena V: This means you may install two PCI devices.
    jon deaton: what are pci devices?
    Serena V: Computers donot support 2 graphics card.
    jon deaton: ok
    Serena V: PCI is the slot where a card fits in.
    Serena V: That is the connector.
    Serena V: The graphics card should be a PCI which means that it should be designed to connect to the PCI slot on the PC.
    jon deaton: can i buy a nvidea or a geforce card?
    Serena V: Yes Jon, you may ceratinly buy the above cards however, make sure that you ask for above card which is a PCI card compaible with 250 watts of power supply.
  21. Dude, you have integrated video. You don't have a video card per se. The PCI slots are useless. They are only good for audio, usb, ide, whatever. Whatever you do, don't buy a PCI graphics card. It would be a waste of your money, if you could even find one. That stuff is ancient.... I think it's time for a new motherboard or a new system.

8O
  22. Sorry, but with only the old PCI slots, you are out of luck. You would need an AGP slot or a PCI-e slot to play that game as the minimum system requirements are higher than anything available in PCI.

Scarface – The World is Yours
    Hardware Requirements
    Operating System: Windows® XP with SP2

Processor: Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or AMD® equivalent

DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card (ATI Radeon x800 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800) or higher

Disk Space: 5 GB of uncompressed hard drive space

CD Speed: 16x DVD-ROM

RAM: 512 MB RAM
  23. What Motherboard should I get that will be compatable?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Hard Drives Graphics Product