Images from Creative WebCam Monitor software

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 8, 2005 8:40:10 PM

I can view them in the log but where are they stored? How do I get at them
to do anything with them? How can I have them placed as jpegs into a
directory of my choice?

TIA

Jon
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2005 4:24:05 PM

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:40:10 -0000, "JRS" <jon@xvensson.f9.co.uk>
wrote:

>I can view them in the log but where are they stored? How do I get at them
>to do anything with them? How can I have them placed as jpegs into a
>directory of my choice?
>
>TIA
>
>Jon

Software.

There are lots of software programs out there. Most webcams come
with software.
January 9, 2005 11:38:24 PM

Thanks but I have Creative Webcam Monitor and the question referred to that
particular piece of software. Although I may end up using something else if
I can't get it to do what I want. Any Free recommendations?

Jon

"PJx" <me@privacy.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:40:10 -0000, "JRS" <jon@xvensson.f9.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>I can view them in the log but where are they stored? How do I get at them
>>to do anything with them? How can I have them placed as jpegs into a
>>directory of my choice?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Jon
>
> Software.
>
> There are lots of software programs out there. Most webcams come
> with software.

a b C Monitor
January 10, 2005 1:38:25 AM

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:38:24 -0000, "JRS" <jon@xvensson.f9.co.uk>
wrote:

>Thanks but I have Creative Webcam Monitor and the question referred to that
>particular piece of software. Although I may end up using something else if
>I can't get it to do what I want. Any Free recommendations?
>
>Jon

Have you tried the windows search application and searched for
*.jpg on your drive? If thy are saved as jpg files, that should
locate them.

>"PJx" <me@privacy.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:40:10 -0000, "JRS" <jon@xvensson.f9.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I can view them in the log but where are they stored? How do I get at them
>>>to do anything with them? How can I have them placed as jpegs into a
>>>directory of my choice?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>Jon
>>
>> Software.
>>
>> There are lots of software programs out there. Most webcams come
>> with software.

January 10, 2005 10:33:57 PM

tried it not luck. Mysteriously even searched for most frequently modified
files when capture is active and it gives no clues!

Jon

"Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:38:24 -0000, "JRS" <jon@xvensson.f9.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks but I have Creative Webcam Monitor and the question referred to
>>that
>>particular piece of software. Although I may end up using something else
>>if
>>I can't get it to do what I want. Any Free recommendations?
>>
>>Jon
>
> Have you tried the windows search application and searched for
> *.jpg on your drive? If thy are saved as jpg files, that should
> locate them.
>
>>"PJx" <me@privacy.com> wrote in message

>>> Software.
>>>
>>> There are lots of software programs out there. Most webcams come
>>> with software.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 11, 2005 3:46:33 AM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:33:57 -0000, "JRS" <jon@xvensson.f9.co.uk>
wrote:

>tried it not luck. Mysteriously even searched for most frequently modified
>files when capture is active and it gives no clues!
>
>Jon

The page below has a simple setup that you can use for taking pix
and saving them with a time stamp name, as well as being used as
a streaming webcam. I've also got a simple way to have the pix
emailed when they are taken if desired, but haven't added it to
the page yet. This might do what you need, and all is free.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
!