Pioneer DVR-710 randomly freezes

gauss2k

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2005
I have problem burning dvds with my DVR-710...

I use the Nero software that came with it and I have updated the firmware to the latest version. The problem is, for about 50% of the dvd I try to write, the process stops after 10 or 20 sec.

The writer starts to burn the disk and suddenly, the green light of the drive turns off and nothing else happens. The computer is not frozen, only the drive itself. Nero Continues to work and I can abort the burning. The tray will not open, even if I cancel the operation. I must always reboot the computer in order to make the drive work again!

This is very annoying! I throw half of my DVD-R to the garbage because of this bug!! I have try Verbatim and Maxell disks and the problem is identical with both. Sometimes it work very well, and sometimes, it just stops...

The writer is set as secondary master and uses an 80 conductors IDE cable.

Any suggestions??

nanoprobs

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Looks like your dvd writer is stuffed. You would need to get a new one. It's probably still ok if u use it for reading CD or DVD discs, but writing dvd is not working. Looks a lot like hardware problem with the dvd writer, maybe some of the chips on the circuit board is stuffed. I had a LG with similar situation, now only use it as a reader.