setup cannot copy the file plylst9.wpl

Andrew

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

While installing office 2003, on a home pc, I get the following
error message and the installation process is terminated. "setup cannot
copy the file plylst9.wpl".

any way around this?
cheers
adam

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Please visit the Office experts in an appropriate Office newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"andrew" wrote:

| While installing office 2003, on a home pc, I get the following
| error message and the installation process is terminated. "setup cannot
| copy the file plylst9.wpl".
|
| any way around this?
| cheers
| adam

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

andrew wrote:

> While installing office 2003, on a home pc, I get the following
> error message and the installation process is terminated. "setup cannot
> copy the file plylst9.wpl".
Hi

Check the NTFS rights for the "All Users" folder.

From a previous post by Gregg Hommel:

<quote>
The file is not copied properly, as it has to end up being copied to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music.. well, you get
the idea <G>

The installer appears unable to access the All Users folder, thus not
being able to write there, giving the error. To solve this, look at the
permissions of the All Users folder and make sure it has these:

system - full control
administrators - full control
user - read execute
power users - special
everyone - read execute

Once this is done, click "Replace Permission Entries on all child
objects with entries shown here"

</quote>

If you don't know how to access the Security tab:

For Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the computer in
safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative
rights to have access to the Security tab.

For Windows XP Professional, the instructions here can be
followed:

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Spam complaint sent to abuse@rr.com

--