"not enough virtual memory or paging file to complete

grant8844

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Just completed a new system build and after installing windows I get this error message upon first boot from HD after windows install

""not enough virtual memory or paging file to complete specified operation"

the system then reboots. I have done this many times.
the bios shows 2 gigs of memory??

please help

system config is below

grant8844

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
thanks

turns out that the problem was that I needed to incease the voltage on the ram to 2.1 volts. The Corsair 800 c4 need the extra juice

this solved the problem after I reinstalled windows

prdang

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I'm working on a Dell Optiplex 760 using a WinXP SP2 with windows update via slipstream. I eventually get the "not enough virtual memory in paging file system even with 2GB RAM. HOw would I increase the ram volts eventhough the operating system hasn't fully install?

prdang

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
My only option left to me is just install the Windows XP SP2 without the windows updates? or is there a work around?

It's probably just a matter of Windows not having enough virtual memory reserved.

Open up "system" properties and click the advanced tab, then the settings button and advanced again.

That should allow you to see how much of your hard drive is reserved for paging and raise the value.

A Google search on "not enough virtual memory in paging file system" should also help you.