Sync 2 PDAs?

March 16, 2005 9:49:52 PM

Hi,

I currently have an iPAQ running PocketPC. I'm looking at purchasing an
integrated PDA/phone running PocketPC2003. Can I connect and sync both PDAs
to my PC? Anyting special I need to do?

Thanks.

Eric

More about : sync pdas

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 4:32:22 AM

On Wednesday, Eric Frere wrote:

> I currently have an iPAQ running PocketPC. I'm
> looking at purchasing an integrated PDA/phone
> running PocketPC2003. Can I connect and sync
> both PDAs to my PC? Anyting special I need to
> do?

I have a Dell Axim X50v and an SPV-C500 smartphone running
Windows Mobile for Phones (or whatever it is that they call
it).

Anyway - one installation of Acticesync, two USB ports and
I have both devices plugged in, but Activesync can only be
connected to one at a time. The first one it detects will
remain connected until you turn it off, then the second one
can be selected.

In my case, the Axim is normally in it's cradle and that is
the one that gets updated. So when I turn on the PC, it is
that which is connected and sync'd to the desktop. To sync
the phone, I turn off the Axim and *sometimes* Activesync
will connect to the phone. Most times, I need to unplug the
usb cable from the phone and plug it back in. Then Actice-
sync remains connected to the phone until I unplug it and
turn on the Axim again.

So - no, you don't need to do anything special to get two
devices to sync on one PC. Of course....it *may* not work
quite as well if you have one device on USB and one on BT
sync, or serial.

--
Bryan Anderson <usenet@bryananderson.co.uk>
!