Paint Brushes

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 27, 2005 10:38:41 PM

I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
events but...I'm just wondering.

Thanks,
Billie :)

More about : paint brushes

July 27, 2005 10:38:42 PM

"Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
news:D YOdnRmFUNNtkXXfRVn-3A@bright.net...
>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
>also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
>events but...I'm just wondering.
>
> Thanks,
> Billie :)
I won a scritchy sketchy paint brush from the fruit machine, and a tyrannian
petpet brush from monotony.
At the time, none of my pets could use the sketch one, so I sold it. I did
use the petpet one though to paint my harris.:)
~Sioux
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 10:45:53 PM

"Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
news:D YOdnRmFUNNtkXXfRVn-3A@bright.net...
>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
>also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
>events but...I'm just wondering.

I haven't 'found' one, but I have won one at the Fruit Machine (a Golden,
which is retired). There is a spot (two if you count the Petpet one) on the
Wheel of Monotony that looks like you can win one. I don't know if you can
or not. And some people have had them 'handed' to them from some 'random'
event or another. Which would be the same as 'found'.

Mind you I was playing for more than 6 months before I won at the Fruit
Machine. And some people never 'find' them, they save their NP and buy
them.

daramark
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 27, 2005 11:01:56 PM

I've only ever won on the fruit machine in the years I've been on
neopets and that was a food item and some neopoints. I guess I just
don't have luck! :(

daramark wrote:
> "Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
> news:D YOdnRmFUNNtkXXfRVn-3A@bright.net...
>
>>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
>>also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
>>events but...I'm just wondering.
>

> I haven't 'found' one, but I have won one at the Fruit Machine (a Golden,
> which is retired). There is a spot (two if you count the Petpet one) on the
> Wheel of Monotony that looks like you can win one. I don't know if you can
> or not. And some people have had them 'handed' to them from some 'random'
> event or another. Which would be the same as 'found'.
>
> Mind you I was playing for more than 6 months before I won at the Fruit
> Machine. And some people never 'find' them, they save their NP and buy
> them.
>

> daramark

July 28, 2005 12:06:13 AM

Cool!

Sioux wrote:
> "Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
> news:D YOdnRmFUNNtkXXfRVn-3A@bright.net...
>
>>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
>>also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
>>events but...I'm just wondering.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Billie :)
>
> I won a scritchy sketchy paint brush from the fruit machine, and a tyrannian
> petpet brush from monotony.
> At the time, none of my pets could use the sketch one, so I sold it. I did
> use the petpet one though to paint my harris.:)
> ~Sioux

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:59:33 AM

I found a starry paintbrush once. Don';t recall where I was though. Used it
to paint benoitMB.

"Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
news:D YOdnRmFUNNtkXXfRVn-3A@bright.net...
> I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
> paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
> also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
> events but...I'm just wondering.
>
> Thanks,
> Billie :)
July 28, 2005 2:59:34 AM

A friend gave me a paintbrush once, that's how I got my disco Kacheek.
But that was a long time ago when the Disco's were only lik 13 or 14
thousand neopoints.

A. M. Hawk Widner wrote:
> I found a starry paintbrush once. Don';t recall where I was though. Used it
> to paint benoitMB.
>
> "Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
> news:D YOdnRmFUNNtkXXfRVn-3A@bright.net...
>
>>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one? And
>>also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are random
>>events but...I'm just wondering.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Billie :)

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:28:36 AM

Billie wrote:
> I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
> paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one?
> And also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are
> random events but...I'm just wondering.

Yes I have found some over the years. Also won a few on fruit machine. You
can increase your chances of random events by playing games with lots of
page views like cellblock and Invasion of Meridel.

Gareeth
July 28, 2005 4:33:02 AM

Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
> Billie wrote:
> > I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
> > paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one?
> > And also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are
> > random events but...I'm just wondering.
> >

> Yes I have found some over the years. Also won a few on fruit machine. You
> can increase your chances of random events by playing games with lots of
> page views like cellblock and Invasion of Meridel.

Plushie Tycoon, Neoquest and the multiplayer games are all so good.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 4:33:03 AM

I play pyramids, Tyranu/evavu which I ROCK at, and cellblock for the random
events LOL

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
>> Billie wrote:
>> > I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>> > paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one?
>> > And also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are
>> > random events but...I'm just wondering.
>> >

>> Yes I have found some over the years. Also won a few on fruit machine.
>> You
>> can increase your chances of random events by playing games with lots of
>> page views like cellblock and Invasion of Meridel.
>>

> Plushie Tycoon, Neoquest and the multiplayer games are all so good.
July 28, 2005 4:33:03 AM

Thanks for the Tip Gareeth, I used to get all of my quests like that
through Sahkmeet Solitare. I always found it exciting to get a quest and
annoying cause it shoved everything down and off where it was supposed
to be. I like Cellblock, I'll start playing it more. :)

Les wrote:
> Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
>
>>Billie wrote:
>>
>>>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>>>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one?
>>>And also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are
>>>random events but...I'm just wondering.
>>>

>>Yes I have found some over the years. Also won a few on fruit machine. You
>>can increase your chances of random events by playing games with lots of
>>page views like cellblock and Invasion of Meridel.
>>

> Plushie Tycoon, Neoquest and the multiplayer games are all so good.
July 28, 2005 4:33:03 AM

I lost so bad at Plushie Tycoon, I still can't show my face on that game
page. lol

Les wrote:
> Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
>
>>Billie wrote:
>>
>>>I have a couple of questions to pose to you all. Having never found a
>>>paintbrush, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anyone here ever found one?
>>>And also am I looking in the wrong places to get one? I know they are
>>>random events but...I'm just wondering.
>>>

>>Yes I have found some over the years. Also won a few on fruit machine. You
>>can increase your chances of random events by playing games with lots of
>>page views like cellblock and Invasion of Meridel.
>>

> Plushie Tycoon, Neoquest and the multiplayer games are all so good.
July 28, 2005 4:33:04 AM

lol I can't get the hang of Tyranu/Evavu! Pyramids is fun!

bodcat1 wrote:
> I play pyramids, Tyranu/evavu which I ROCK at, and cellblock for the random
> events LOL
>

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said

>>>Yes I have found some over the years. Also won a few on fruit machine.
>>>You
>>>can increase your chances of random events by playing games with lots of
>>>page views like cellblock and Invasion of Meridel.
>>>

>>Plushie Tycoon, Neoquest and the multiplayer games are all so good.

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 5:21:12 AM

Its just High/Low but its Tyranu (high)/ Evavu (low). Ya play the odds...

> lol I can't get the hang of Tyranu/Evavu! Pyramids is fun!
>
> bodcat1 wrote:
>> I play pyramids, Tyranu/evavu which I ROCK at, and cellblock for the
>> random events LOL
>>

>> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said

>>>Plushie Tycoon, Neoquest and the multiplayer games are all so good.

July 28, 2005 5:21:13 AM

Ahhh I think I get it now. lol I hate high and low! No wonder I couldn't
get it. lol Thanks for the clarification.

bodcat1 wrote:
> Its just High/Low but its Tyranu (high)/ Evavu (low). Ya play the odds...
>

> "Billie" <Maltrasea@bright.net> wrote in message
>
>>lol I can't get the hang of Tyranu/Evavu! Pyramids is fun!
>>
>>bodcat1 wrote:
>>
>>>I play pyramids, Tyranu/evavu which I ROCK at, and cellblock for the
>>>random events LOL
>>>

>>>"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 9:02:30 AM

I've gotten paintbrushes a couple of times as prizes from the art gallery.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 9:02:31 AM

"Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
> I've gotten paintbrushes a couple of times as prizes from the art gallery.

Really? So if you send them something and they put it up then you get a
prize? Neat!

daramark
July 28, 2005 9:02:32 AM

That is neat!

daramark wrote:
> "Brian Anderson" <not@home.now> wrote in message
>
>>I've gotten paintbrushes a couple of times as prizes from the art gallery.
>

> Really? So if you send them something and they put it up then you get a
> prize? Neat!
>

> daramark

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 9:48:27 AM

I won a Halloween paintbrush on Test of Strength.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:48:50 AM

daramark wrote:

>>I've gotten paintbrushes a couple of times as prizes from the art gallery.
>
> Really? So if you send them something and they put it up then you get a
> prize? Neat!

You get something like 10,000 np and a prize that was worth another
30-40k. I've "won" three times. Once I got a disco paintbrush, and I
forgot the other two, but I think one of them was another paintbrush.
(My kids probably remember, but I don't.) It's been a long time since I
sent in anything.

If you want to try this, you'll have a better chance of getting selected
if you pick a special day that's coming up soon but not *too* soon and
tailor your entry to that. Meerca Day is a good event (August 18) to
send in poems or pictures for now. (And Meercas are especially nice
because they're easy to draw -- don't wait for Draik day!) Draw a
picture or photograph a Play-Doh sculpture or some kind of Meerca-shaped
food or craft, and keep your fingers crossed. Write a Meerca poem, too!
Or you can enter the beauty contest, but for that you have to submit a
picture of a neopet you actually own.
July 28, 2005 11:48:51 AM

Thank you for the tips, I always wanted to submit something anyhow, I
love to draw on and off the computer. But never really knew what to do.
You helped a lot! :)  Wish I could view your neopets work. Bet they were
good. :)

Billie

Brian Anderson wrote:
> daramark wrote:
>
>>> I've gotten paintbrushes a couple of times as prizes from the art
>>> gallery.
>>

>> Really? So if you send them something and they put it up then you get
>> a prize? Neat!
>

> You get something like 10,000 np and a prize that was worth another
> 30-40k. I've "won" three times. Once I got a disco paintbrush, and I
> forgot the other two, but I think one of them was another paintbrush.
> (My kids probably remember, but I don't.) It's been a long time since I
> sent in anything.
>
> If you want to try this, you'll have a better chance of getting selected
> if you pick a special day that's coming up soon but not *too* soon and
> tailor your entry to that. Meerca Day is a good event (August 18) to
> send in poems or pictures for now. (And Meercas are especially nice
> because they're easy to draw -- don't wait for Draik day!) Draw a
> picture or photograph a Play-Doh sculpture or some kind of Meerca-shaped
> food or craft, and keep your fingers crossed. Write a Meerca poem, too!
> Or you can enter the beauty contest, but for that you have to submit a
> picture of a neopet you actually own.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:38:08 PM

"kolugunner" <steven_mackie@huskeralum.com> wrote in message
>I won a Halloween paintbrush on Test of Strength.

Cool! My best prize on that was an Orange Goople petpet. Yours is better.
:)

daramark
July 28, 2005 9:04:43 PM

My best was a spooky goople ice cream (or something like that) Now I
feel pathetic! lol I think my best # was 9? hehe
Billie

daramark wrote:
> "kolugunner" <steven_mackie@huskeralum.com> wrote in message
>
>>I won a Halloween paintbrush on Test of Strength.
>>

> Cool! My best prize on that was an Orange Goople petpet. Yours is better.
> :)
>

> daramark

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 1:15:07 AM

Billie wrote:

> Thank you for the tips, I always wanted to submit something anyhow, I
> love to draw on and off the computer. But never really knew what to do.
> You helped a lot! :)  Wish I could view your neopets work. Bet they were
> good. :)

I have small pictures on a website-in-progress, so you can see those.
The enlarged pictures aren't up yet, but maybe soon...

http://home.austin.rr.com/nevermore/neopets/

My hand-drawn pictures really aren't that good, certainly not compared
to the professional quality of some of the winners. Since I can't
compete on a talent level, I try to go for some kind of unique angle to
improve my chances of being selected. I sent in the Spyderghostkerchief
picture when Neopets had a Spider-Man movie tie-in going on (hoping that
since they were already promoting Spider-Man, my entry wouldn't be seen
as a trademark violation), but they didn't post it. I sent in the
Grundolympics picture during the 2004 Olympics, and they did post it,
but not until September or October. I submitted the pteri poem twice,
and they never selected it. My wife hates the title, but say it out loud.

BTW, the two paint brushes I got from art gallery submissions were disco
and starry. The third time I didn't get a paint brush, and neither me
not my girls remember what we did get.
July 30, 2005 1:15:08 AM

Cool! checking it out now....*is back* Those are Soooo good! I'm feeling
so jaded by the way, just so you know. hehe I love the pinatas! And you
do too draw fantasticly! Can't wait to see the large images. How did you
do the eyes on the pinatas and did you use wire framing? It's all soooo
good!

*snickers* The poem title *snickers* cute, cute. I like your poem too!
You're very good all around. I bet I know why they didn't publish
though, cause of the mention of killing every last one and it's cousin,
if it'd been decimating, destroying, etc they probably would have
published it.
Is it okay if I print your poem and mini pics?

Billie

Brian Anderson wrote:
> Billie wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the tips, I always wanted to submit something anyhow, I
>> love to draw on and off the computer. But never really knew what to
>> do. You helped a lot! :)  Wish I could view your neopets work. Bet they
>> were good. :)
>

> I have small pictures on a website-in-progress, so you can see those.
> The enlarged pictures aren't up yet, but maybe soon...
>
> http://home.austin.rr.com/nevermore/neopets/
>
> My hand-drawn pictures really aren't that good, certainly not compared
> to the professional quality of some of the winners. Since I can't
> compete on a talent level, I try to go for some kind of unique angle to
> improve my chances of being selected. I sent in the Spyderghostkerchief
> picture when Neopets had a Spider-Man movie tie-in going on (hoping that
> since they were already promoting Spider-Man, my entry wouldn't be seen
> as a trademark violation), but they didn't post it. I sent in the
> Grundolympics picture during the 2004 Olympics, and they did post it,
> but not until September or October. I submitted the pteri poem twice,
> and they never selected it. My wife hates the title, but say it out loud.
>
> BTW, the two paint brushes I got from art gallery submissions were disco
> and starry. The third time I didn't get a paint brush, and neither me
> not my girls remember what we did get.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 7:30:08 AM

Billie wrote:

> Those are Soooo good! ... hehe I love the pinatas! And you
> do too draw fantasticly! Is it okay if I print your poem and mini pics?

Yipee! I have a fan! Time to get myself a limo with tinted windows
before I get mobbed!

Sure, go ahead and print them off if you like. I added bigger pictures,
just click on the little ones.

> How did you
> do the eyes on the pinatas and did you use wire framing?

The shoyru's eyes were hand-drawn on card stock and then colored
(painted, actually) and glued on. The disco feepit's eyes were black
puff balls from Hobby Lobby, but they're hidden behind poster-board
sunglasses. I'll have to see if I can find a photo of him without the
glasses; he was pretty adorable.

I made a wire-frame pinata once and it was a disaster -- the wire
started bending when the kids hit it with the stick, so my shark turned
into a misshapen blob instead of breaking open. So now I always use
balloons. For bigger pinatas like these I use punch balls, and shape
them by squashing the inflated punch ball and duct-taping it that way.

I'm slowly working on a pinata-building web site, and have added a link
to it on my cheesy Neopets page in case you're interested. Eventually
it will have tips and instructions for pinata-making.

http://home.austin.rr.com/nevermore/neopets/
July 30, 2005 9:25:57 AM

Make it red, so I know which limo is yours. There are so many these
days! lol j/k

Thanks, the big ones are easier to see. My mom was squinting when I was
trying to show her the smaller ones hehe.
Sounds cute! Hope you find one. I can't believe they looked so
authentic, they looked professional, (compliment, lol)

LoL No kids! Really haven't you ever heard of blobby the shark? This is
him! lol

I'll go look at your pinata site. I love them, I used to have a bull,
dunno where he went though.

Talk to you later!
Billie

!