Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
:?: Are the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 New C2D MB's any good.

:?: There are two versions available :? 'Rev 1' and 'Rev 2'. Does anyone know what the differences are between them.

Thanks,

cpubound

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
I was looking on Gigabytes site and they say rev 2 if Quadcore optimized and it has firewire. but from what I have read the people getting rev 2 from newegg, don't have firewire, maybe there is a rev2 of rev2 coming LOL, How stable are these boards without OC'ing also

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I was looking on Gigabytes site and they say rev 2 if Quadcore optimized and it has firewire. but from what I have read the people getting rev 2 from newegg, don't have firewire, maybe there is a rev2 of rev2 coming LOL, How stable are these boards without OC'ing also

I thought all C2D MB's supported future quad cores :?:

I don,t know how stable they are, I don't have one yet.

GB used to be known for bad caps, but I noticed these boards have the new Solid Caps - high quality.

grant_77

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I thought it was good, until I had an error, and the bios loaded from the backup on the harddrive. After that it wouldn't post. Gigabyte never returned my email and you cant replace and hot boot the bios chip.

I thought this motherboard was great, got my core duo up to 3440 mhz.... however lack of customer support and 4-6 weeks for reflashing my bios is pretty pathetic. I've heard bad things about asus's customer support too, thats why i switched to gigabyte.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
:?: Are the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 New C2D MB's any good.

:?: There are two versions available :? 'Rev 1' and 'Rev 2'. Does anyone know what the differences are between them.

Thanks,

I have that motherboard and have been using it now for several months with no problems. If your looking to overclock the DS3 is the best board for the E6300 and E6400 chips (Core 2 overclocking database)