The Issue with Windows 2k over Vista

zebzz

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
I just want to throw this out into the forum to see what people may think of what has been told to me about the issue of new hardware.

In the company I would for there has been a decision to purchase certain supplier hardware and that the comment of the specification is that, there might be a performance hit on the new hardware until we role to Vista were there will be an increase in performance. Now this sort of got me wondering on what that statement could really mean!?!

Firstly the only performance related issues compared with Windows Vista over Windows 2k as far as I know are the following and please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Extra memory of 2Gb and over will show improvements on the 64bit platform over the 32bit one and any less that 2Gb would not show any real difference in performance

- Extra memory will show more performance then a little increase in CPU performance, for pounds for performance ratios.

- Dual core processors are utilized a lot more efficiently in Vista compared to Windows 2k, but this is due to the memory streams between the processors and this feature is only seen in high-end multi CPU systems.

I'm sure there are more, but if none of these are going to be reached by the hardware, would there be any reason to believe that Windows 2k would run slower or less efficient then Windows Vista.

Would like to here your views on this.

Regards
Z

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah...there's something i might add.

- Extra storage
- Extra GPU to be succeded displaying those aero glass animation crap.
- Extra nerves and times because just to do a simple tasks such copying files you'll need more than 3 clicks...

TRENDING THREADS