qdv.dll

I am having trouble with video, and have seen the advice to run
"regsvr32%windir%\system32\qdv.dll" When I try this, I get a response that
my parameter is incorrect. Does anyone know how to correct the parameter?

(I posted this same question udner video, but noone seemed to be able to
help.)
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Hi tryintowork,

    You have to leave a space between regsvr32 and the path to qdv.dll

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "tryintowork" <tryintowork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having trouble with video, and have seen the advice to run
    > "regsvr32%windir%\system32\qdv.dll" When I try this, I get a response
    that
    > my parameter is incorrect. Does anyone know how to correct the parameter?
    >
    > (I posted this same question udner video, but noone seemed to be able to
    > help.)

    Hi

    Try this from Start>Run

    regsvr32 qdv.dll

    Please note the space between the 2 and q.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "tryintowork" <tryintowork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having trouble with video, and have seen the advice to run
    > "regsvr32%windir%\system32\qdv.dll" When I try this, I get a response
    > that
    > my parameter is incorrect. Does anyone know how to correct the parameter?
    >
    > (I posted this same question udner video, but noone seemed to be able to
    > help.)

    That was it! Thank you.>

    You're welcome

    --

    > That was it! Thank you.>
  5. I ran the suggested command and received the following error:

    DllRegisterServer in qdv.dll failed.
    Return code was: 0x80070005

    What do I try next? Any help would be appreciated!
  6. a bump
  7. another bump ... have I stumped everyone?

Video Microsoft DLL Windows XP