toleary

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
hello world

I'm getting ready to fire up my P5WD2-E Premium/D-805. But I'm not experienced with BIOS. and have installed what I consider some advanced accessories which make it more formidable to configure.

I tried to download the BIOS Setup Guide I saw elsewhere on TH, but it ain't there, and seems to be pretty dated.

So where can I get some support on configuring my BIOS?

I suppose if you're on this forum, you're an ASUS fan, but I'm getting sort of disenchanted with ASUS. Maybe I'll feel better when I get this new system going

any suggestions will be appreciated

DukeDave

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Hello to you too, I am not an Asus fan, I like Gigabyte but we shouldn't go into that now.

It might help if you were to ask a specific question and maybe even tell us what your advanced accessories are so someone can help you.

Are you having a problem with any settings in particular?

toleary

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I am unsure as to BIOS setup and accessories connections/settings

I have P5WD2-E Premium/D-805/ZALMAN CNPS5900 FAN/550W JUSTPC PSU

2-WD2500KS SATA2 DRIVES connected to SATA1 & SATA2
I want to configure these into two arrays; I'm thinking a 100G RAID 0 and a 150G RAID 1; or 50G RAID 0 and 200G RAID 1

TWIN CORSAIR 512 DDR-2-800 plugged into DIM A1 & DIM B1. I want to try a dual channel setup

1- LITEON DVD SHW160PS set as MASTER; optical wire is connected but not sure what to do with or which ribbon cable to use or where to plug it.
I have Windows XP-Pro/SP2 on a CD

1-SONY Floppy connected to Floppy (I only got this because I was told I'd need it for the SATA drivers setup
I've created a F6flpy32 disk (32 bit drivers)

The JUSTPC Case front panel audio cables do not seem to be the right form factor for this mobo, so all I got going on is the USB. I couldn't find too much info on HD audio. That's the last JUSTPC piece of crap I'll ever buy

your comments are welcomed