What is the Best Motion Detection?

Andy

Can anyone tell me what is the best motion detection software.

I like using webcamxp, but there are not many option for the motion
detector.

I would like to choose areas for detection rather than the whole picture.

Also Webcamxp has no light detection option, so whenever the sun comes from
behind a cloud, it thinks there is motion.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

"Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message news:41ed8b03$0$7460$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com...
> Can anyone tell me what is the best motion detection software.
>
> I like using webcamxp, but there are not many option for the motion
> detector.
>
> I would like to choose areas for detection rather than the whole picture.
>
> Also Webcamxp has no light detection option, so whenever the sun comes from
> behind a cloud, it thinks there is motion.

You might have a look at the free, unlimited version of
HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com . It won't let you
choose areas for motion detection, but it is insensitive to
lighting changes -- the sun going behind a cloud or turning
a light switch on or off won't trigger motion detection.

-- Bob Day

Andy wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what is the best motion detection software.
>
> I like using webcamxp, but there are not many option for the motion
> detector.
>
> I would like to choose areas for detection rather than the whole
> picture.
>
> Also Webcamxp has no light detection option, so whenever the sun
> comes from behind a cloud, it thinks there is motion.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks

---------------------------

You can try Pryme. It's free, and you can choose areas for motion detection.
http://www.hilo.dk/pryme.php

Good luck
H.N.

HomeWatcher 1.5 (0128) is what I'm currently using.

Once you get used to the way the features work, and learn to tweek
everything to your liking - I think you'll find this is an excellent (and
free) program. I think you might have to register in order to get the
selective motion detection features though.

www.homewatcher.com

--
The Toe Pages: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Freshly Redesigned! New Low-Tech Appeal!

Andy

"Herbert Nagler" <me2@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me what is the best motion detection software.
>>
>> I like using webcamxp, but there are not many option for the motion
>> detector.
>>
>> I would like to choose areas for detection rather than the whole
>> picture.
>>
>> Also Webcamxp has no light detection option, so whenever the sun
>> comes from behind a cloud, it thinks there is motion.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> ---------------------------
>
> You can try Pryme. It's free, and you can choose areas for motion
> detection.
> http://www.hilo.dk/pryme.php
>
> Good luck
> H.N.

That's not to bad, but it doesn't do live streaming.

I have seen better motion detection too.

Any other ideas please?

Home Watcher is the most versatile of any, it will even save the streaming
video of the event and even before the event. I use Ivista and Active WebCam
for my two surveillance cameras and they both have very good motion
detection. There are free trial versions of all out there. But for just
motion detection at its best it is Home Watcher. None are free but you can
check them out on trials. All these programs allow you to set the area to be
watched and they all do emailing of the event. Active Web Cam sends me 10
480x640 shots of three seconds around the event every time it is triggered.

David

"Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in message
> "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me what is the best motion detection software.
>>
>> I like using webcamxp, but there are not many option for the motion
>> detector.
>>
>> I would like to choose areas for detection rather than the whole picture.
>>
>> Also Webcamxp has no light detection option, so whenever the sun comes
>> from
>> behind a cloud, it thinks there is motion.
>
> You might have a look at the free, unlimited version of
> HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com . It won't let you
> choose areas for motion detection, but it is insensitive to
> lighting changes -- the sun going behind a cloud or turning
> a light switch on or off won't trigger motion detection.
>
> -- Bob Day

Andy

David,

I'm trying homewatcher, is there anyway to just select a portion of the
picture to be used for motion detection?

I don't want the top half of the picture to detect motion.

Regards

"David Gerard" <nospamdavid@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Home Watcher is the most versatile of any, it will even save the streaming
> video of the event and even before the event. I use Ivista and Active
> WebCam for my two surveillance cameras and they both have very good motion
> detection. There are free trial versions of all out there. But for just
> motion detection at its best it is Home Watcher. None are free but you can
> check them out on trials. All these programs allow you to set the area to
> be watched and they all do emailing of the event. Active Web Cam sends me
> 10 480x640 shots of three seconds around the event every time it is
> triggered.
>
> David
>

> "Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in message
>> "Andy" <NoSpam@Please.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone tell me what is the best motion detection software.
>>>
>>> I like using webcamxp, but there are not many option for the motion
>>> detector.
>>>
>>> I would like to choose areas for detection rather than the whole
>>> picture.
>>>
>>> Also Webcamxp has no light detection option, so whenever the sun comes
>>> from
>>> behind a cloud, it thinks there is motion.
>>
>> You might have a look at the free, unlimited version of
>> HomeSentinel at http://bobday.vze.com . It won't let you
>> choose areas for motion detection, but it is insensitive to
>> lighting changes -- the sun going behind a cloud or turning
>> a light switch on or off won't trigger motion detection.
>>
>> -- Bob Day

TRENDING THREADS