ilikec4ke

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2314&ModelName=GA-965P-DS3

C2D E6600

XMS2

XFX 8800GTS

750 Watt Ps

The problem is that when I put everything together, and start the computer, the monitor says "no signal" There are no beeps comming from the computer, all the fans (cpu, gpu) turns on.
I went out and bought a new cpu, mb and vid card.

Tried combos:

old cpu+new mb+old vid card=no

new cpu+new mb+old vid card=no

old mb+new cpu+old vid card=no

old cpu+new mb+new vid card=no

old cpu+old mb+new vid card=no

Tried two differnt monitors, a sceptre and a view sonic. Sceptre is brandnew but I've tried it on second pc and it works.

I ran all these tests with the same PS

What is the problem here?

Stealth_JAG

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I'm kind of a newby to the forum, but I am going to guess that anybody able to help you will want more information. For example, when you say you get "no signal' are you talking about a message on your monitor? Does your mointor do anything when the power is first switched on? Are you hearing any beebs or case fans inside the computer when you switch the power on? What kind of Motherboard do you have?

Knowing exactly what you hear and see when you turn on the computer will help people focus on the likely cause. Did you connect the same case to the motherboard each time? If you are not hearing anything when you turn on the computer (completely dead), and you are using the case power button to actuate the PC, there could be a problem with the case power button connection. Maybe try a different case if you have one.

Rob

Bjorn0

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
I would venture a guess that it may be a PSU issue. Seeing as how that is the only common component listed.

One thing that would help a bit more would be to know what are the older components you are switching in to test.

stoppard

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
on startup you should hear the hdd and disk drives run, you should also hear a beep just after pressing the power button. the fact that you arent hearing that even though the fans are running points to a bad power supply in my opinion. (I've had this problem crop up on a couple past builds and the powr supply was the culprit, one of them was a brand new seasonic) you can get a psu tester, they are pretty inexpensive, or you could try a different psu and see what happens.

ilikec4ke

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
After talking to my hookup at thermaltake, he's gona take my computer in and have the company tech guy look at it. Being asian ftw. will post result when i get it back monday.

mpjesse

Splendid
but I don't even get a start-up screen. Bad ram would at least start the computer.

Not true. There are three things absolutely required to boot into POST/BIOS:

Video card
RAM
CPU

If one of those is sufficiently bad, your computer will not start.

All that said, it does sound like a PSU issue.