matamaster

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003
I'm working on a cuputer for my teacher and shes been having truble with popups, as soon as you go on the inter net at least a thousand come up all at once and no matter what you do they refuse to go away.I dont know what to do any more.

Lost_In_Ecstacy

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003
Seems like you have some kind of serious adware problem. Perhaps you should try downloading some kind of adware/spyware remover from another computer and running it on the computer with the pop-up problem. Use a CD if it doesn't fit on a disk.

A good one to use is ad-aware.
you can get it at: http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.shtml

I hope that this helps you in some way.

The world is going to hell, and I'm driving the bus.

nikorice

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003
Best thing to do would be to reinstall the operating system after you've backed up her important files. Make sure to virus scan them though since there is a definate possibility that her computer has a virus.

Will work IT for food. Seriously.

lmoreno

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003
Another program that you can look into would be the free spyware remover called Spybot (Search and Destroy).

I feel like the Antivirus programs that sometimes these companies keep themselves in business, always use more than one antivirus program and the same goes for spyware. One program detects what the other can't.

TRENDING THREADS