Toaster RAID Returns, Better Than Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I thought the idea in fitting a NAS into a toaster is that you plugged the disks through the bread slots!

boostercorp

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ytoledano3[/nom]I thought the idea in fitting a NAS into a toaster is that you plugged the disks through the bread slots![/citation]
yeah it would ve been nice if you could just shove in two hot plug & play drives in there.

Astara

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]boostercorp[/nom]yeah it would ve been nice if you could just shove in two hot plug & play drives in there.[/citation]
Imagine a backup-product like the various 'one-touch' backup offerings -- but in this case, you just push a drive into the toaster slot -- it begins the backup process, when done, it can eject** the drive. That sounds very sweet.

**-raise drive, not physically throw it out of the toaster! :)

G

How's this hold up in a heavy sea? Data corrupt, read errors as you pound to weather could be a problem. Also where's the view of the light show, I wanted to see those led's flashing and shining thru the bread slots. A hollow-graphic hula girl shining a-top the slots would be a motivational feature. Ideas for toaster RAID 2012

boostercorp

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]studiopronto[/nom]Maybe you could connect it wirelessly to your network and "hide" it in your kitchen.[/citation]

hmmm and then your girlfriend get's a craving for some toasted bread ...
all kinds of crumbs and sh** inside your raid

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]studiopronto[/nom]Maybe you could connect it wirelessly to your network and "hide" it in your kitchen.[/citation]

Sounds like an amazing way to hide something.
Possibly make it so 1 of the slots work, and insulate the computer from the heat? Forcing a shutdown if the toaster is actually used. All wireless of course. :)

[citation][nom]boostercorp[/nom]hmmm and then your girlfriend get's a craving for some toasted bread ...all kinds of crumbs and sh** inside your raid[/citation]

Ha. My brother used to put waffles in our VCR, and yet it still lived. A protected compuer would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.