What Is The Range Of A Wireless Webcam?

And does it have to unobstructed or can it go through walls?

Thank-you
2 answers Last reply
More about what range wireless webcam

    "Webcam" <hi@web.net> wrote in message news:BL0Id.10517$Vx2.2215@trndny01...
    > And does it have to unobstructed or can it go through walls?

    what kind of cams 802.11 or ?
    regular b/g wifi pokes though some walls in a straight direction somewhat
    ok, always looses some kick,, maybe a-lot of kick as angles increase - Most
    people are basically satisfied in a standard sized drywall walled home.
    fwiw; My home has a remote bldg, sort of a garage apartment, and I can
    access its wifi from within the main house at 75 feet through doors/walls &
    can certainly access one of my neighbors whom isn't immediately next door
    nor across the street - think he's got too much antenna.

    In news:BL0Id.10517$Vx2.2215@trndny01,
    Webcam <hi@web.net> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet where
    his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    > And does it have to unobstructed or can it go through walls?
    >
    > Thank-you

    i have a few wireless webcams... but they connect to a capture card not the
    usual usb versions

    some of these are across the road and can be seen through my wireless
    reciever no problem..

    i guess the range is around 100 metres.... unobstructed but with walls of
    course this figure goes down...

    regards slayer

Webcams Wireless Peripherals