SP1 & SP2 download

I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where I
can obtain these upgrades as a download?

thanks for your help

You can list and download all Windows XP updates from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
Just select Windows XP in the Product/Technology dropdown.

"srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
> I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know
where I
> can obtain these upgrades as a download?
>
> thanks for your help

You can get SP2 from Windows Update on the Start Menu. SP2 includes SP1 and
is not required to install SP2.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
>I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where
>I can obtain these upgrades as a download?
>
> thanks for your help

Note: Since SP2 supersedes SP1, you should not install SP1
before installing SP2.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

Windows XP Service Pack 1 - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/network.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

srobin wrote:
> I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where I
> can obtain these upgrades as a download?
>
> thanks for your help

SP2 is cumulative. IOW you only need SP2.
It has all the fixes.

gls858

Click on start, click help & support, scrool to bottom of help & support
page and click on windows updatde. If you have dial up internet it may take
a long time to download the sp1 & 2. Hope this helps Bill . "srobin"
<srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
>I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where
>I can obtain these upgrades as a download?
>
> thanks for your help

Hi Carey, thanks for your link info, I downloaded SP2 and burned it on a CD
to put onto the other computer,and it said it wasnt a valid win32
application.

ANy other suggestions pls?

thanks

When you get this message 1 or 2 things have usually happened:
1) The download is corrupt or
2) You downloaded the 64-bit version instead of 32-bit version.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

> Hi Carey, thanks for your link info, I downloaded SP2 and burned it on a
CD
> to put onto the other computer,and it said it wasnt a valid win32
> application.
>
> ANy other suggestions pls?
>
> thanks

Did you have broadband?

--

~~~~

Gerry

srobin wrote:

>I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where I
>can obtain these upgrades as a download?

You only need SP2, which includes the SP1 components still relevant.
Get it as a download (266 MB) at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2predl.mspx
Download and Deploy to multiple computers, ignore comment about network,
or order on CD for free at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx