SP1 & SP2 download

I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where I
can obtain these upgrades as a download?

thanks for your help
10 answers Last reply
More about download

    You can list and download all Windows XP updates from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
    Just select Windows XP in the Product/Technology dropdown.

    "srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
    > I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know
    where I
    > can obtain these upgrades as a download?
    >
    > thanks for your help

    You can get SP2 from Windows Update on the Start Menu. SP2 includes SP1 and
    is not required to install SP2.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where
    >I can obtain these upgrades as a download?
    >
    > thanks for your help

    Note: Since SP2 supersedes SP1, you should not install SP1
    before installing SP2.

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    Windows XP Service Pack 1 - Direct Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/network.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    srobin wrote:
    > I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where I
    > can obtain these upgrades as a download?
    >
    > thanks for your help

    SP2 is cumulative. IOW you only need SP2.
    It has all the fixes.

    gls858

    Thank you much!!!

    Click on start, click help & support, scrool to bottom of help & support
    page and click on windows updatde. If you have dial up internet it may take
    a long time to download the sp1 & 2. Hope this helps Bill . "srobin"
    <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where
    >I can obtain these upgrades as a download?
    >
    > thanks for your help

    Hi Carey, thanks for your link info, I downloaded SP2 and burned it on a CD
    to put onto the other computer,and it said it wasnt a valid win32
    application.

    ANy other suggestions pls?

    thanks

    When you get this message 1 or 2 things have usually happened:
    1) The download is corrupt or
    2) You downloaded the 64-bit version instead of 32-bit version.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

    > Hi Carey, thanks for your link info, I downloaded SP2 and burned it on a
    CD
    > to put onto the other computer,and it said it wasnt a valid win32
    > application.
    >
    > ANy other suggestions pls?
    >
    > thanks

    Did you have broadband?

    --

    ~~~~

    Gerry

    srobin wrote:

    >I need a copy of both SP1 & 2 to update a computer, does anyone know where I
    >can obtain these upgrades as a download?

    You only need SP2, which includes the SP1 components still relevant.
    Get it as a download (266 MB) at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2predl.mspx
    Download and Deploy to multiple computers, ignore comment about network,
    or order on CD for free at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Download Computers Microsoft Windows XP