ganjaman

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
my motherboard came with the plasic CPU coverslip off the socket and loose in the bag. i see one that looks differnt from all the rest, how would i know if it is defective or not? what would happen if a pin was bad.

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
my motherboard came with the plasic CPU coverslip off the socket and loose in the bag. i see one that looks differnt from all the rest, how would i know if it is defective or not? what would happen if a pin was bad.
Do a google image search and compare.

If the CPU cover was not on the MB when opening of box/as bag, return it immediately.

I have purchased peviously a new MB that have actually been removed from box/as bag for some reason and repacted. Probably returned or demo. Box could have been dropped, etc.

Some MB boxes are not sealed for some reason anymore, so it makes it difficult to know for sure, item has not been used, etc. Probably some manufacturing cost saver practice :x

Pins should be all the same, evenly spaced, untwisted, same hight, etc.

In future, before buying, open box and view the way it is packed. If you think it has been opened before (repacted rough, etc), close box and ask for another one and inspect that. There is no need to remove item from box.

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Upload image of socket for viewing 8O if possible.

If pin is bad, CPU could still operate, but not to full potential - depends what that pin is used for.