Sign in with
Your question

What is the community's opinions on Cyberpower?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
January 10, 2010 8:52:54 PM

What is the community's opinions on Cyberpower?

They offer some really good deals and sometimes unmatched in price. But, I have always read negative reviews on them in regards to hardware defects and other issues. Enlightenment needed here.

TY

January 13, 2010 1:43:38 PM

they often use sub quality components, espicially ones that most people don't know, but causes crucial system issues

for example, use of off brand power supply to supply a high end system, or a case that did not allow for enough heat ventilation and etc, and these issues a usually person would not know until it's too late and one guy had to swap cases and psu for his system because it would just be too hot and random shutdowns due to power / heat.

if you can't do it ur self, and can't kidnap a nerd, then its okay i guess if you know what to get in the system (ie know the parts that are good) and they are not the bleeding edge stuff.

EIDT: I just rechecked their site now, and it appears for the I7 system in the front page they now allow for system customization with good cases and psu, even with cooling options, although the standard for the i7 system seems to be low with a 400w no name PSU (or none listed) but it at least now allows you to choose what you wanted and you can potientially chose a thermaltake 1200w or a corsair 650w among other lesser known stuff / what appears to be no name stuff ( a 1100w labeled as cyberpower brand and only costs 110 extra, while the corsair costs 101 extra and is rated at 650 lol)
January 13, 2010 1:59:28 PM

ON the second checkout, I configured a system with:

* CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
* HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+42])
* MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) EVGA X58 SLI Classified Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX DDR3 Mainboard w/GbLAN [+263]
* MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+93] (Corsair Dominator [+44])
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5870 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+504] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

and it cost 2311.00 USD, and imo, it is close enough to what you can do if you brought all retail, but the only things that worry me is the fact that they do not allow you to choose a brand for the video card (I would go with ASUS or XFX or sapphire) and some other minor annoyances, their recommended crap is REALLY misleading, but again, you can configure a very nice system if you know how to do so, but if you do, chances are you know how to put on together your self.
Related resources
January 27, 2010 1:24:23 AM

Can't say anything about Cyber but I'd avoid Digital Storm. I tried to buy one it was anything but professional. It shipped didn't work shipped it back and got the run around. Management couldn't remember my issues with out running back to get someone, when they called. I say when they called because 99.9% of my calls to DSO went unanswered(voice mail) Emails was worse. On the forum they trash Cyber but they got nothing to say imho(As well as TOMS). Good luck Nice build @THD. Luk depends on your budget and computer savy, I'm building this time... If your sub say 1800 then buy, if above and/or want a high end gamer build? Also carefull comparing build and built. I say that built companys get volume pricing etc. as well as large volumn might get stuff you'd avoid? I say pricing so they make more than the differnce in retail etc, Hope that heps....?
March 5, 2011 1:38:58 AM

I have had my PC for 2 months, with the XtremeGear 600W PSU inside.

My AeroCool 2000 unit is now almost too dim to read, and my monitor has dimmed as well.

I thought I read enough postings prior to ordering this unit, but I guess I should have read at least one more.

This POS PSU should never be offered in a PC, let alone recommended....31A combined on the dual +12v rail, and all of a $26.00 unit.

All CP offered was a RMA #, so I could pull the unit out of the computer and be without one until they can send me another $26.00 POS.

I offered to pay the difference for the upgrade,,,they said "NO"

I asked if I could get a new unit and then send the old one back,...they said "NO"... for this $26.00 unit? WOW!!!

I will be posting everywhere humanly possible so maybe someone else won't fall victim to this PSU or CP.

Bad customer service, worse business sense.
March 14, 2011 3:11:46 AM

Its the same any where some people favor Cyberpower some hate it.
In reality though YOU specify the parts you get from Cyberpower just like ordering from Newegg. If you cheap out on a piece is it really their fault that they used it. Newegg would send you a crappy PSU too if you ordered it. They just build it, they are not software and hardware engineers to make sure you don't mess up.
I do agree though that it would be nice if they took the low end parts off of the build page. But evidently thats what some people spec in their builds and then wonder why they have issues and blame cyperpower. But some people do not know any different and should do research if they are building the system theirselves or not.
March 26, 2011 5:56:30 AM

If you avoid their pre-built configurations and "build" it yourself their prices are very good. Fool around with a few builds because the price can fluctuate. I went with an intel build, you are given four options to start with. When i started with the cheapest option my final build was $90 more than when i went with the 3rd most expensive. It offered the processor i wanted from the get go. (i 2500k) Asus P8P67 Mobo. Not interested in SLI. HAF 912 case. CPU cooler. 640gb 64md cache 7200rpm HD (WD Caviar Black is only one who makes a HD in this config, so i know it is a quality item) DVD/CD, Windows 7, Corsair 650W PSU, GTX 570 Superclocked GPU. 2 gb ram... this is the one area i think they lack. The ram they offer stinks. Mine automatically cam with 2gb ram without the option of removing it. -5% for "no rush" build and the system came to $1183. If i bought all the parts and build it myself $1201. The ram i want is $65 so when it arrives i pop in my ram and i am good to go for $1248. $47 for them to build, test and put in my Windows 7. Pretty good deal! Would be even better if shipping was not $75. Price above includes shipping. Oh and no lights, mice, keyboards , monitors etc... that will jack up your price quick and you can get that for less and of higher quality after you get your rig. Do your homework and you can get yourself a nice system. The guy complaining did not do his homework and bought low quality items. No one to blame but himself.
!