  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b F Wireless
January 23, 2005 9:17:33 PM

I'd like to tap this vast world of knowledge and experience for everyone's
opinion on the best wireless network IP cam. Prefer a PTZ or at least PT
camera. Have had lots of experience with PTZ but a friend wants to set up a
wireless camera and I have no experience. Price is a consideration but not
the only one. Many Thanks People....
David

More about : wireless cam

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 24, 2005 4:27:19 AM

> Re: What best wireless ip cam?

-> The most expensive.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 24, 2005 4:27:20 AM

"Michel Shell" <nospam@hotmail.fr> wrote in message
news:o 6g8v09cshfksr97il6ff06ulrsgtah6g9@4ax.com...

>> Re: What best wireless ip cam?
>
> -> The most expensive.

And in your opinion what might the most expensive be...there are several
cameras in the $200-$400 range. I have not played with any of them.

I am looking for people that have actually had experience with some of them,
not a generic smart ass answer. I was looking for an informative and
thoughtful answer which I know this group is capable of as there are many
intelligent and experienced people here. I myself will and have helped
people if I can be of a constructive nature, otherwise I remain silent. I
own and use two EVI_D30's , a PTZ-2N , and even a Vicon S2000 so I am not
exactly a novice to the field. I use Ivista and Active Webcam and BDLCam
and Watcher and a whole bunch of other video capture programs including two
Winnov cards. If I was looking for a smart answer like "the most expensive"
I would not have asked this body of experts, I would have inquired of my
sister law (and believe me, she doesn't know squat) or I merely would have
asked anyone on a street corner. Your answer shows your ignorance of the
subject. Sorry group, but these people with the smart quips that aren't
answers at all annoy me. This is a "newsgroup" of professionals, if you
aren't one them at least be quiet and learn from them as I have over the
last 2-3 years. Please reread my original question and if you can "help" me
or at least make a reasonable suggestion I look forward to your answer and
opinion

Thank You,....David
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 24, 2005 7:29:36 AM

Hi, I use (& buy) webcams for video security (home use) since 1998.
I replied mainly about the subject, so in substance, from my
experience, best digital cameras are the ones I can't afford ;-).
!