DHCP - Mail notification

mailMan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

I am looking for a solution, preferely on a windows platform, where the DHCP
server sends out an email when a new lease has been given.

Anyone have an advice?

"Mailman" <mail@mail.mail> wrote in message
> I am looking for a solution, preferely on a windows platform, where the
DHCP
> server sends out an email when a new lease has been given.

The request seems a bit strange but the
best solution that occurs to me immediately
is to use NetMon and set a trigger on that
type of packet (you might even had to store
the old leases for comparision.)