We get a lot and i mean a lot of threads asking about bottlenecks ( technically inaccurate) but thats a different thread all together.
What i want to ask is can Toms do an article from the lay mans point of view. I read your i 3 and Bottlenecking article and it was very good, i refer to it alot when answering posts.
However i feel an article that showed just when and where a GPU upgrade would not help as much as a CPU upgrade would be invaluable to those who need to know if they should upgrade the GPU or " will it Bottleneck"
With Toms resources im sure this would be possible and may i suggest its done on a entry level- Mainstream- Enthusiast basis.
Such as these cards will run fine with these entry level Cpu's in this band, then when upgrading to a mainstream GPU you should upgrade the CPU to X CPU and pair with these GPU's etc.

Mactronix :)

Yes i agree it does seem to cover exactly the info i was looking for and as rolli said yearly updates or so to keep it currant would be sensible, any more frequent would be too much extra work load i would think.
Could we please put it up as a sticky on the Graphic & Displays Forum ? Or should i ask one of the resident Mods ?

tecmo34

Administrator
I will send the comments to the Tom's Staff and see what they can do about yearly updates to keep current.

I see where I can add a link to the article in the Graphics section today...

Just wanted to let you know that the links have been getting great feed back in the forum, there is still support for the initial idea of having a article or chart simply based on the concept or these cards will run fine with these entry level Cpu's in this band, then when upgrading to a mainstream GPU you should upgrade the CPU to X CPU and pair with these GPU's etc.
The suggestion that Ram be included has been raised as well.

Muckle posted this,

Thanks for the good articles. Makes me feel better about my setup. I wish there was an easier way to see how X proc will run with X video card with X amount of RAM etc to see how well an upgrade would work out as new stuff comes out... but with so many combinations thats difficult to catalog i guess. There's prob a thread on it somewhere

Keep up the good work

muckle

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
This is exactly the kind of article I want to read. Many people would appreciate a chart format that educates how far computer can benefit from GPU upgrades with a certain proc.