Query W2K for Member servers?

Greetings. Is there a way I can query Windows 2000/2003 for a list of member
servers in my domain? I just inherited a mess of a domain with no
organization whatsoever. I know if you use NETDOM MASTER or NETDOM BDC you
can get a list of the DCs, but I'm wondering how to do that for the member
servers?

Thanks in advnace.
2 answers Last reply
More about query member servers

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:09:05 -0500, "BT" <robert.thompson@ic.fbi.gov> wrote:

    >Greetings. Is there a way I can query Windows 2000/2003 for a list of member
    >servers in my domain? I just inherited a mess of a domain with no
    >organization whatsoever. I know if you use NETDOM MASTER or NETDOM BDC you
    >can get a list of the DCs, but I'm wondering how to do that for the member
    >servers?
    >
    >Thanks in advnace.

    NETDOM QUERY had a SERVER option, but it doesn't seem to work.

    From any W2K3 server in your domain, or from any Windows XP workstation, run the following script:

    @echo off
    setlocal
    set dc="%TEMP%\Server_%RANDOM%.TMP"
    dsquery server -o rdn>>%dc%
    set qry=dsquery * domainroot -filter "(&(objectCategory=Computer)(objectClass=Computer))" -attr name operatingSystem -Limit 0
    for /f "Tokens=1*" %%c in ('%qry%^|FIND /i " Server"^|findstr /i /v /g:%dc%') DO (
    @echo %%c %%d
    )
    endlocal

    See tip 7792 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com and the link trail.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:09:05 -0500, "BT" <robert.thompson@ic.fbi.gov> wrote:

    >Greetings. Is there a way I can query Windows 2000/2003 for a list of member
    >servers in my domain? I just inherited a mess of a domain with no
    >organization whatsoever. I know if you use NETDOM MASTER or NETDOM BDC you
    >can get a list of the DCs, but I'm wondering how to do that for the member
    >servers?
    >
    >Thanks in advnace.

    Oops.
    See tip 8242 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

Domain Windows 2000 Microsoft Servers Windows