  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 9, 2005 3:09:05 PM

Greetings. Is there a way I can query Windows 2000/2003 for a list of member
servers in my domain? I just inherited a mess of a domain with no
organization whatsoever. I know if you use NETDOM MASTER or NETDOM BDC you
can get a list of the DCs, but I'm wondering how to do that for the member
servers?

Thanks in advnace.

More about : query w2k member servers

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:01:16 PM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:09:05 -0500, "BT" <robert.thompson@ic.fbi.gov> wrote:

>Greetings. Is there a way I can query Windows 2000/2003 for a list of member
>servers in my domain? I just inherited a mess of a domain with no
>organization whatsoever. I know if you use NETDOM MASTER or NETDOM BDC you
>can get a list of the DCs, but I'm wondering how to do that for the member
>servers?
>
>Thanks in advnace.

NETDOM QUERY had a SERVER option, but it doesn't seem to work.

From any W2K3 server in your domain, or from any Windows XP workstation, run the following script:

@echo off
setlocal
set dc="%TEMP%\Server_%RANDOM%.TMP"
dsquery server -o rdn>>%dc%
set qry=dsquery * domainroot -filter "(&(objectCategory=Computer)(objectClass=Computer))" -attr name operatingSystem -Limit 0
for /f "Tokens=1*" %%c in ('%qry%^|FIND /i " Server"^|findstr /i /v /g:%dc%') DO (
@echo %%c %%d
)
endlocal

See tip 7792 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com and the link trail.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:04:26 PM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:09:05 -0500, "BT" <robert.thompson@ic.fbi.gov> wrote:

>Greetings. Is there a way I can query Windows 2000/2003 for a list of member
>servers in my domain? I just inherited a mess of a domain with no
>organization whatsoever. I know if you use NETDOM MASTER or NETDOM BDC you
>can get a list of the DCs, but I'm wondering how to do that for the member
>servers?
>
>Thanks in advnace.

Oops.
See tip 8242 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com