  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 9, 2005 3:16:51 PM

Windows 2000 Server sp4:

my event viewer application log entries are not showing. The right side
window pane that usually lists all the log entries is blank. However there
is a scroll bar that scrolls and you can click in the windows and the row
(which is blank) does become selected (highlighted). So it looks like the
events are there but invisible? what the?

all the other logs (system, security, etc...) display just fine. Its only
the application log?

anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

More about : event viewer problem

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:16:52 PM

The temporary fix;
You might try changing the file properties to "Overwrite as needed"

Then; Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services|Event Log Service|General,
set the "Startup Type:" to "Disabled" restart the pc, then delete (or move)
the corrupt *.evt file(s) from %windir%\system32\config then set the Event
Log Service "Startup Type:" back to "Automatic", restart for effect.

The more permanent fix;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829246&Product=win2000

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"djc" wrote:
| Windows 2000 Server sp4:
|
| my event viewer application log entries are not showing. The right side
| window pane that usually lists all the log entries is blank. However there
| is a scroll bar that scrolls and you can click in the windows and the row
| (which is blank) does become selected (highlighted). So it looks like the
| events are there but invisible? what the?
|
| all the other logs (system, security, etc...) display just fine. Its only
| the application log?
|
| anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

March 9, 2005 4:27:05 PM

Thank you Dave!

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> The temporary fix;
> You might try changing the file properties to "Overwrite as needed"
>
> Then; Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services|Event Log
Service|General,
> set the "Startup Type:" to "Disabled" restart the pc, then delete (or
move)
> the corrupt *.evt file(s) from %windir%\system32\config then set the Event
> Log Service "Startup Type:" back to "Automatic", restart for effect.
>
> The more permanent fix;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829246&Product=win2000

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "djc" wrote:
> | Windows 2000 Server sp4:
> |
> | my event viewer application log entries are not showing. The right side
> | window pane that usually lists all the log entries is blank. However
there
> | is a scroll bar that scrolls and you can click in the windows and the
row
> | (which is blank) does become selected (highlighted). So it looks like
the
> | events are there but invisible? what the?
> |
> | all the other logs (system, security, etc...) display just fine. Its
only
> | the application log?
> |
> | anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:27:06 PM

You're welcome.

--