Can't boot! Help please!

My system crashed and won't restart. I can't get it to boot. I made a boot
disk and still won't work. When I try to boot with the disk it comes back
with a message "Primary hard disk drive 1 not found". ANyone know where to
go from here?

"Chachanger" wrote
> My system crashed and won't restart. I can't get it to boot. I made a boot
> disk and still won't work. When I try to boot with the disk it comes back
> with a message "Primary hard disk drive 1 not found".

I had the same kind of problem yesterday.
My harddisk was kaput.
I had to put a new harddisk in the PC,
and restore data from my backup.

Regards
Thorkild Dalsgaard

I have an extrernal hard drive that used to be a secondary drive. Can I use
that as my primary drive? If so, how would i go about doing that? If not,
how did you go about replacing yours. Thanks for your reply!