Modding Award Bios.

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but there really isn't a section for this type of question here at THG. I'm trying to post this same question on XtremeSystems, but it's taking a really long for my membership to be approved, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I have been trying to mod various award bios's (Asus P4T533-C, Asus P4S533, SuperMicro X7DAE), I've been using a program called ModBin6. Every time I try to open any one of these bios's I get the error "Not Compressed Award Binary Code." I've gotten these bios's by downloading them from the manufacturers website, and copying them from my motherboards directly via a bios flashing tool.

I have done several google searches looking for a solution, but nothing useful. I have looked through many informative guides, but none of them cover this problem.

It seems the solution to this is so simple that nobody has written anything about it, and I doubt that nobody has seen this error before.

Hopefully someone here will have an answer.
Thanks in advance.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but there really isn't a section for this type of question here at THG. I'm trying to post this same question on XtremeSystems, but it's taking a really long for my membership to be approved, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I have been trying to mod various award bios's (Asus P4T533-C, Asus P4S533, SuperMicro X7DAE), I've been using a program called ModBin6. Every time I try to open any one of these bios's I get the error "Not Compressed Award Binary Code." I've gotten these bios's by downloading them from the manufacturers website, and copying them from my motherboards directly via a bios flashing tool.

I have done several google searches looking for a solution, but nothing useful. I have looked through many informative guides, but none of them cover this problem.

It seems the solution to this is so simple that nobody has written anything about it, and I doubt that nobody has seen this error before.

Hopefully someone here will have an answer.
Thanks in advance.

If ModBin6 can't read it, the problem is with ModBin6. Ask those guys.