Changing shortcut icon on desktop

January 12, 2005 10:43:26 PM

It seems I can no longer change the icon for a shortcut on my desktop except
for a folder shortcut. Any suggestions?
Lou Cherry
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 11:10:34 PM

Hi ... Download "Tweak UI" from Microsoft website , It has a option to
repair icons , here the link for it and scroll down , view the right side of
the screen for Tweak UI

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

"Lou Cherry" <lcherry@optonline.net> wrote in message
> It seems I can no longer change the icon for a shortcut on my desktop
> except for a folder shortcut. Any suggestions?
> Lou Cherry

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 3:31:53 PM

Lou,

Are you referring to the "overlay" icon shown for shortcuts?

If not, what happens when you use the "Change Icon" function?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!