LordBelial

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
i have no luck, with any builds i do, something just seems to always go wrong...my specs are amd 4000+@ 2.62 bfg 8800gtx 2 gigs 400 mhz ram...iv noticed that theres a natural fog over things in games...i just noticed it playing Dark messiah, things that are semi far away have this intense fog that seems natural, but ik now its not going from my 7800gtx, to my new 8 hour old 8800gtx.... tried other games, diditn seem to do it in rainbow 6 vegas, but did it in half life 2 in which when i backed up from objected, theyd get really faded in color, or turn to a bright slivery color, if i walk back up to an object for instance a locker door...it goes back into corret color..what the hell is my problem!!!???

LordBelial

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
i tried that...i have different graphic glitches in every game i tried versus my 7800 which had none..Dark messiah looks to be fog covering everythiing in a short distance...rb6 vegas i see funny colors rainbow colors on guns or floors turn black walking up to themm, half life to i see some fogging and things turn different colors when i back away from them....im starting to lose hope on pc, its all for money now cuz i just payed 636 for this? think i should rma or maybe wait for a correct nvidia driver? anyone with somewhat of the same problems?!?!HELP!

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Right now there is little driver support for the G80, belial. A lot of people have reported that certain games run w/o any faults while others are screwy. Your gonna have to extend one thumb and sit on it while nVidia figures it out :?

Criminal89

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I am having the same problem with certain games. I notice it most in the Source based games. I think it is just a pre-mature driver issue.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
You might try readjusting the graphic framister to sync it up with the gyro frame painter. If that does not work, you could check your chonotronic settings and see if they match the prefered settings in each game's semiflex menu. If the problem continues, you might put a power gauge on the game cards' right flow converter and see if it exceeds the programmed parameters. Or you might need to replace the sphygmomanometer. Finally if that is not the problem, it could just be poor diode contacts on the graphics card. You might want to try to cleam them to improve contacts by using a sandblaster to clean off any dust or oily film.

NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I got Dark Messiah with my eVGA 8800GTX, and I've experienced no problems at all with it. I'm only running the drivers that came on the CD, if that's any help.

eVGA 680i mobo, eVGA 8800GTX, C2D E6700, 2GB DDR2 800

I've also experienced no troubles playing F.E.A.R., Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, The Battle for Middle-Earth 2, and Company of Heroes, all on max settings at 1680x1050 (except for F.E.A.R. and TBfM-E2 because they don't have widescreen support).