  • Displays
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 10, 2005 11:24:39 AM

We've created a sign-in/sign-out web page for the staff to use and
I need to have it come up only on the users first login of the day and
not every time they login on a system. Is this something I can put in GP
or that I can setup in the login script?
How can I do this?

Tim

More about : display web page login

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:03:05 PM

Hello,

Yes, there is a way. Follow these instructions EXACTLY as i put them. (after
you type in something hit "enter"!)
click on start
click on run
type in "cmd"
type cd c:\
copy con WebStart.bat
(hit ctrl+z)
type "exit"
rigth click on start
select explorer
click on the c:\ rive and find WebStart.bat
right click on WebStart.bat and click on edit
in the box that pops up type the following:

start http://www.(whatever your website is).(com/org/info/biz whatever)
exit

close and save that
click on start
go to control panel (if running 2000 or lower click on settings then control
panel)
click on schduled tasks
click on add a scheduled task
when it asks you to select a program select "browse"
got to the c:\ drive and select "WebStart.bat"
when you select a time make it like 3:00 A.M. (When the computer is off at
3:00 A.M. it will start it the FIRST time it is started up, get it?)

Computergeek

!