Unable to double click on shortcut icon to launch

I am running Windows 2000 box and before was having an issue with all icons
not being recognized. Now that i have fixed that thanks to help on here the
problem i am having is that when i create a "shortcut" on the desktop i am
unable to launch it as I double click on it. I can however right click and
open. Any suggestions would be wonderful
3 answers Last reply
More about unable double click shortcut icon launch

    Try changing the mouse double-click speed.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Dustin Grimes" wrote:
    |I am running Windows 2000 box and before was having an issue with all icons
    | not being recognized. Now that i have fixed that thanks to help on here
    the
    | problem i am having is that when i create a "shortcut" on the desktop i am
    | unable to launch it as I double click on it. I can however right click
    and
    | open. Any suggestions would be wonderful

    This did not work, in addition to this problem when i go Start > Programs >
    "Application" then click on it i get an error that says "unable to run this
    command" please advise.

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Try changing the mouse double-click speed.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Dustin Grimes" wrote:
    > |I am running Windows 2000 box and before was having an issue with all icons
    > | not being recognized. Now that i have fixed that thanks to help on here
    > the
    > | problem i am having is that when i create a "shortcut" on the desktop i am
    > | unable to launch it as I double click on it. I can however right click
    > and
    > | open. Any suggestions would be wonderful

    These may help.

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1/75.ASP

    What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

    Be sure to apply these to your repair install before connecting to any
    network.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

    "Dustin Grimes" wrote:
    | This did not work, in addition to this problem when i go Start > Programs
    >
    | "Application" then click on it i get an error that says "unable to run
    this
    | command" please advise.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows