Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unable to double click on shortcut icon to launch

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:47:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I am running Windows 2000 box and before was having an issue with all icons
not being recognized. Now that i have fixed that thanks to help on here the
problem i am having is that when i create a "shortcut" on the desktop i am
unable to launch it as I double click on it. I can however right click and
open. Any suggestions would be wonderful
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 11:14:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Try changing the mouse double-click speed.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dustin Grimes" wrote:
|I am running Windows 2000 box and before was having an issue with all icons
| not being recognized. Now that i have fixed that thanks to help on here
the
| problem i am having is that when i create a "shortcut" on the desktop i am
| unable to launch it as I double click on it. I can however right click
and
| open. Any suggestions would be wonderful
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 11:14:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

This did not work, in addition to this problem when i go Start > Programs >
"Application" then click on it i get an error that says "unable to run this
command" please advise.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Try changing the mouse double-click speed.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Dustin Grimes" wrote:
> |I am running Windows 2000 box and before was having an issue with all icons
> | not being recognized. Now that i have fixed that thanks to help on here
> the
> | problem i am having is that when i create a "shortcut" on the desktop i am
> | unable to launch it as I double click on it. I can however right click
> and
> | open. Any suggestions would be wonderful
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:02:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

These may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1...

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

Be sure to apply these to your repair install before connecting to any
network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dustin Grimes" wrote:
| This did not work, in addition to this problem when i go Start > Programs
>
| "Application" then click on it i get an error that says "unable to run
this
| command" please advise.
!