stop autoscan ?

jeff

I have a Fujitsu scanner on my Windows 2000 Pro client. When ever I put
a document into the scanner, an image viewer automatically launches with
an error. There is no setting in this software to auto-detect when
paperwork is put into scanner.

Does anyone know how I can stop this auto-launch from happening ?

thanx

Jeff

What "image viewer" launches? Replace the file. Butcher the registry.
Fix the error. Contact Fujitsu. Take your pick.

Jeff wrote:

> I have a Fujitsu scanner on my Windows 2000 Pro client. When ever I put
> a document into the scanner, an image viewer automatically launches with
> an error. There is no setting in this software to auto-detect when
> paperwork is put into scanner.
>
> Does anyone know how I can stop this auto-launch from happening ?
>
> thanx
>
> Jeff

jeff

I called Fujitsu, none of their software causes that. The image viewer
that launches is Microsoft Image Viewer.

Jeff

Bob I wrote:
> What "image viewer" launches? Replace the file. Butcher the registry.
> Fix the error. Contact Fujitsu. Take your pick.
>
> Jeff wrote:
>
>> I have a Fujitsu scanner on my Windows 2000 Pro client. When ever I
>> put a document into the scanner, an image viewer automatically
>> launches with an error. There is no setting in this software to
>> auto-detect when paperwork is put into scanner.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can stop this auto-launch from happening ?
>>
>> thanx
>>
>> Jeff

Ok, you have installed this scanner and it being monitored by the
"drivers" that you installed with the scanner and fuji isn't owning up
to it. I am going to guess there is something that is being tripped that
is not being "fessed up to" but since you just want to "bust it", I
would look for "STImon" or something similar and disable that.