Direct Cable Connection - Is this included with W2K Pro ?

My W2K laptop does not appear to have Direct Cable Connection
installed .

Is this normally installed in W2K Pro ?

B.N.

This link may help.

http://www.wown.com/articles_tutorials/dcc/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<admiral_victory@iol.ie> wrote:
| My W2K laptop does not appear to have Direct Cable Connection
| installed .
|
| Is this normally installed in W2K Pro ?
|
| B.N.

- Right click "My Network Places" icon
- Click on Properties
- Double Click on "Make New Connection", the "Welcome to the Network
Connection Wizzard" scren will appear.
- Click Next
- Click on "Connect directly to another computer"

Is it not there?

John

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:45:28 -0400, John John <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca>
wrote:

>- Right click "My Network Places" icon
>- Click on Properties
>- Double Click on "Make New Connection", the "Welcome to the Network
>Connection Wizzard" scren will appear.
>- Click Next
>- Click on "Connect directly to another computer"
>
>Is it not there?

Thanks for the reply.

No that option is greyed out .

B.N.

Hmmm... I'm not sure why the option would be grayed out. Maybe these
can help:

Make New Connection Wizard Selections Are Unavailable and Other Issues
Occur with the Network Connections Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281625

Network Connection Wizard Options Unavailable After Upgrading from
Windows 95/98 to Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259886

John

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:14:16 -0400, John John <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca>
wrote:

>Hmmm... I'm not sure why the option would be grayed out. Maybe these
>can help:
>
>Make New Connection Wizard Selections Are Unavailable and Other Issues
>Occur with the Network Connections Folder
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281625
>
>Network Connection Wizard Options Unavailable After Upgrading from
>Windows 95/98 to Windows 2000 Professional
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259886
>
>John

I tried the above links but they don't make any difference I'm afraid
..

I've just noticed something that , in the greyed out selection "
Connect directly to another computer " it also says "connect using my
serial,parallel or infrared port ".

This laptop doesn't have any of these so I suppose that's why this
option is greyed out !!

This is my first laptop . Is it normal for laptops to have such ports
, do you know ?

B.N.