Do not have network privileges when signed in as Administr..

Do not have network privileges when signed in as Administrator

I’ve got a Windows 2000 pro machine that we have on a peer-to-peer network.
I cannot get on the network (ala printers or other machines) I get that the
workgroup is not accessible, but can get on the Internet. I have signed in as
administrator but I am grayed out on the network ID as if I was just a User.

I took out four Trojans in the last two days with Norton 2002 from another
machine on my network. This one has McAfee but it keep throwing up a box that
it had cleaned out Download VA – (mupfdrxl.sys from the Systems32 Drivers
folder). This box has gone away since I ran Norton.

I tried to go to the Windows update site and got and 0x800C00008 error code.
I checked my clocks both in Windows and the BIOS and they are correct, so the
error code did not help much.

I checked the certificates and found that I have two administrators and none
in the trusted root certificates. I found Article 293781 and put in the
certificates the article said I needed.

Ipconfig /all shows the Node type as Hybrid not Broadcast.

All other settings look OK to me.

Does this one have any hope?

Thanks

These may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1/75.ASP

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

Be sure to apply these to your repair install before connecting to any
network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"going threw it ----------------" wrote:
| Do not have network privileges when signed in as Administrator
|
| I've got a Windows 2000 pro machine that we have on a peer-to-peer
network.
| I cannot get on the network (ala printers or other machines) I get that
the
| workgroup is not accessible, but can get on the Internet. I have signed in
as
| administrator but I am grayed out on the network ID as if I was just a
User.

| I took out four Trojans in the last two days with Norton 2002 from another
| machine on my network. This one has McAfee but it keep throwing up a box
that
| it had cleaned out Download VA - (mupfdrxl.sys from the Systems32 Drivers
| folder). This box has gone away since I ran Norton.
|
| I tried to go to the Windows update site and got and 0x800C00008 error
code.
| I checked my clocks both in Windows and the BIOS and they are correct, so
the
| error code did not help much.
|
| I checked the certificates and found that I have two administrators and
none
| in the trusted root certificates. I found Article 293781 and put in the
| certificates the article said I needed.
|
| Ipconfig /all shows the Node type as Hybrid not Broadcast.
|
| All other settings look OK to me.
|
| Does this one have any hope?
|

| Thanks

TRENDING THREADS