Running as administrator

Is there any reason not to continue to run as administrator forever?

Is there any advantage to set up a user account if there will be only
one user, other than eliminating the password on startup?

tia
More about running administrator

    The reason for running in a limited account when you are the only user is it
    is a means of added protection against viruses, malware and malicious
    scripts. No matter how good your defenses, they pretty much rely on others
    getting updates to you before an infection. Also, we can be our own worst
    enemy clicking on something we think is innocent or accidentally clicking
    something and having it surreptitiously install something malicious.

    Running in a limited account is another layer of protection, an accidental
    installation won't likely happen and if it does, it probably won't be able
    to cause any harm because it won't likely be able to execute.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "mike gray" <omgray@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any reason not to continue to run as administrator forever?
    >
    > Is there any advantage to set up a user account if there will be only one
    > user, other than eliminating the password on startup?
    >
    > tia

    Yes there is.
    By running as the default administator you are putting yourself at risk that if
    something goes wrong you have no account to go back to in order to fix the
    problem.When you set yourself up a new account you can make this account an
    administrator account with the same priviledges as the original.
    You can even copy all of your settings from the admin account to your new
    account but in order to do this you need to be logged in as a 3rd account .
    This is done by right clicking MyComputer/properties..........advanced....user
    profiles/settings
    highlight the account you wish to copy and click copy to......then browse to
    C:\documents&settings\new admin name and click ok
    ok your way out
    reboot and sign in as the new admin..........check your settings and if all ok
    delete the 3rd account.
    peter

    "mike gray" <omgray@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any reason not to continue to run as administrator forever?
    >
    > Is there any advantage to set up a user account if there will be only one
    > user, other than eliminating the password on startup?
    >
    > tia

Microsoft Windows XP